Does anyone trade the mini-dow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone trade the mini-dow?

It does not seem worth it, or am I missing something?

Dear Sbrum

You missing a lot!

I trade it since april and the multiple $5 is a very liwìquid ( 60.00 contracts) quite technical securities.

Absolutely clear book , is more and more used even by istitutionals for is elettronic liquidity.

Try it , you'll like it . Believe me.

Fabrizio

Ps sooner options on it.
    Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Thanks for the info Fabrizio!

It seems to move the same as the e-mini s&p, but you can make more per contract with the e-mini.

I must say that the ability to put a lot of multi contracts on the Dow and strip them off as needed is a good thing.

Comment

Just as a general heads-up... the a/c/e can sometimes have some inaccuracies due to the way they send out their data. Please see this post for more details.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Jay

I'v already red the post you underline.

Honestly speaking I'm an assiduos guest of the exchange pages.

Honestly speaking the trader is certainly right but I trade discrectionary and since April never had problems.

Most of the traders aren't aware of the "revolution" happening on CBOT.....via the migration on new system.

You see Jay, I'm Italian - I'v lived 5 years in US- and by rule I do not trade any Italian security for a simple reason that I totally do not trust the exchange. So a simple problem like the one happend to the trader of the article is " very normal " in IDEM.

Sometimes you fellow americans do not know what actually happen in the other side of the world and how lucky you are!

You got Enron: but eventually someone plead guilty and goes to jail ( the treasurer); you got insider trading and someone eventually go to jail and got pretty fines (Milken , Boeksy).
          You got analysts involved in mega billion $ cheatings , but eventually the Investments Banks get Fined.

I call this a civilized country and a system that try to readjust the phisiological mistakes....

In Italy never happened and never will............

Take care
          Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Working...
          X