Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-mini(TM) S&P 500 $2.18 round turn

hi,
    does anybody use GLOBEX trader-internet to trade e-minis?

i currently pay $4.80 for round turn and CME website tells me they charge $2.18 for round turn if i become a member. they charge $400 /month membership fee. just 7 contracts/day and i pay this much less. 7+ contracts/day i save money on my comissions.

what is the catch here? why doesn't every active trader go for this membership?

help me out here. i must be missing something.

thanks
    tolga

Good question, tolga.

I'd imagine it's a good deal, provided there are some safeguards. I would imagine that CME provides the trading platform per montly fee. I don't know that they provide data per that fee, though.
    More importantly, i don't know that they provide trade support via phone. Meaning, if anything goes wrong with your service connection and you cannot execute trades, what backups are provided via said membership?
    Michael

Comment

ps - the 2.18 looks like 2.28 on their website, and does not include fees.
      Michael

Comment

Gentlemen

To put it in a very simplistic manner first step is that you ought to be memeber of the exchange.

It means that you have to be presented by a member and pass some examinations and furthermore be member of NFA.
        In both cases you pay X lump sums

After taht comes the lease ......but this is a nmore articulated story.

You all can understand it by going at CME (or any Exchange site)site and look for "memberships"
        Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

fabrizio,

It means that you have to be presented by a member and pass some examinations and furthermore be member of NFA.
          I believe Tolga is referring to CME's Globex Trader-Internet offer -
          CME Globex Trader
          Michael

Comment

Ok

Roger there

BTW guarantees from clearing and Net worth declaration is still needed.
            Last edited by fabrizio; 10-12-2003, 03:08 PM.
            Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Working...
            X