Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTSE 100 stocks

Hi,

I won't bother doing the intro thing again if you want to know who I am read the Eurex thread

I trade only FTSE100 stocks, don't touch anything outside it. The reason for that is that I Spreadbet stocks. A tax free way of trading in the UK which I think is illegal in the US. With FTSE100 spreadbets you get market price, can bet anythng from £1 to £500 a point on a penny stock movement and your profits are tax free because it's considered to be gambling.

I use a system based on Wilders Reaction Trend System and I also swing trade.

Both of those systems are covered in some detail on threads on www.thetradepit.com and www.eurostoxx50.co.uk so I won't repeat them here but if you want to ask me any questions feel free to ask them here.
    Helen

UK stocks getting better!

Hi Helen, its good to see another British face on the Esignal forum. Ive been trading US and German indices thru Deal4free (and IG Index some time ago), having become disillusioned with UK stocks. However, I saw your posts and I delved into the deal4free charts/quotes to find that the spreads had tightened on a lot of the shares.Thats good news as it can be tough trading until late at night UK time watching the US indices!!!! I'd like to take a second look at a more civilised timescale if the UK stocks are now sporting better spreads and therefore risk/reward.Out of interest, what are your favourite spreadbets for UK stocks? I'm out of touch with this now not having been in the Uk market for a couple of years. I saw your other affiliated sites. Excellent. Are you still with Deal4free and IB?
    All the best

Comment

Hiya,

I bet a good few Brits come out of the woodwork now

I only SB FTSE100 and because of my very limited risk strategy I only risk 1% of my account per trade so basically nothing above about £6 in value. The RT system is mechanical and at the moment the gem is SSE, great little regular earner.

Yes I'm still with IB and D4F and happy with both, no reason to change.

Cheers
      Helen

Comment

Hiya HHooper

The spreads on D4F on the FTSE 100 stocks are the actual spreads these days.
        As you say, a while ago the spreads were far too wide to day-trade, but it's a lot better these days

Hi Helen

What is the average holding period for your system

Comment

Hiya Mark Old Thing ,

The RT system holds longs for two days and shorts for one. The swing system a few days, depending how it goes. I close all swing trades over the weekend normally.
          Helen

Comment

Hiya Helen

Sounds to me like your system suits D4F.

PS: Less of the Old, you Young thing

Comment

Working...
            X