Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going no where fast

Hi All

Just looking at the FTSE 100, and I hadn't realized how range-bound it has become.

On an intra-day basis there is no where near the same moves as we saw earlier in the year.
    I feel sorry for the FTSE futures traders at the moment, I hope you've found a way to adapt to this market
    Let's hope it clears 4325 on Monday.

Well, it did clear 4325, and then ran into resistance at 4400.
    As it is still making higher highs, it's looking positive even though the volatility isn't there at the moment.

As always with the FTSE, it needs the US to give it a kick-start and then we'll play catch-up.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi All

Well the break-out didn't go very far, and were now right back into the trading range.

The ATR for me just shows how poor the FTSE is trading these days. It "Should" have picked up by now.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi all

Well were back to test the 4400 level.
        It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow as I think a break of the short-term trendline could spark a longer-term reversal
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mark,

Lots of bearish FTSE100 stocks at the moment. Unfortunately all my open trades are long at the moment. Will probably close them tomorrow.
          Helen

Comment

Hi Helen

Thanks for that
            These longs that you have open, are they from the RT system that your trading

Comment

Hi Mark,

Yes all RT system, it's doing really well in these sideways markets, a great boost when you're looking for futures trades that don't exist between 9 and 2-50 I'm seriously thinking of moving some of my futures account to the FTSE100 stock trading, it's making money when the futures aren't so why tie your money up in the account?
              Helen

Comment

Hi Helen

Have you got the web address for the RT system. I can't seem to find the details
                With the european futures looking weak these days, funds transfer would be a good idea IMVHO

Comment

Hi Mark,

Yes the actual page telling you the trade state of the stocks is here:

http://www.thetradepit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=176

You're already registered so you'll be able to get straight in.

But all the background and stuff is here:

http://www.thetradepit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46

If anyone wants to ask any questions on here please do. I haven't tried the system on anything other than UK FTSE100 stocks although Welles Wilder designed it for US instruments so it should be OK.

HTH
                  Helen

Comment

Hi Helen

Thank you very much for that info. I'll take a closer look in a bit

Comment

Working...
                    X