Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Descriptions/Pictures of Trading stations, desks, computers, What works for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Descriptions/Pictures of Trading stations, desks, computers, What works for you?

I bought a Sony digital camera for Christmas and wanted to start a thread discussing the different computer setups that Esignal users have. Please post whatever pictures or hardware setups you have that might be useful to others.

My goal is to trade well. My "bear cave" trading room at the office consists of 3 homebuilt computers.
    Each computer has:
    P4 1.6A CPU
    Intel D845WNL motherboard with sound & integrated Lan.
    512K SDRAM
    NT 4.0 SP6a
    Multiple 16mb Matrox Millennium II video cards for multiple monitors with NT4
    Antec Case
    RoadRunner Cable with Linksys router
    5 APC power backups, HP printer, etc.

The computers are super stable and run quiet, cool, & fast.

The technical furniture is made by Symbiote and is the same as the Herman Miller A01/A02 open panel system. The chairs are Aeron for those long days in front of Esignal.

My order entry computer has one 19" Sony Monitor which is placed between 2 21" Monitors on which I run 2 Esignal layouts at the same time from my second computer. I really like this because it is easy to watch my charts and my order entry screen at the same time. I believe in having a separate computer for order entry. My third computer has 2 15" monitors for web surfing, news, email, chatting, thread posting, extra charts, etc.

If I were to add anything else I would like a nice window with a great view. Cable TV is available but I've chosen not to have a tv in the room.

What are you using that might be helpful to others?

Here is a picture of my setup:
    Attached Files

Here is my system.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice Layout!!

Gambler: Nice Layout! Those Aeron chairs are great. That is my next investment for my trading station - a good chair!

Comment

Bert, I don't see the toilet paper, that could be a problem.

Comment

Here is another great resource where traders share their trading desk setups, computers, and pictures. Traders seem to use whatever is at hand to design their desks & layouts. Some use very expensive flat panel monitors; others just stack their CRT monitors on sheets of plywood. Some traders no longer have a living room.

http://www.daytradingstocks.com/tradestations.html

Comment

Trader Setups.

These are cool to see. Here is Tom Joseph's setup at work with Advanced GET and eSignal:

http://www.esignalcentral.com/learni...ph/default.asp

Someone once told me an Ensign user had over 30 monitors but I've never seen it.
            Chuck
            @eSignal

Comment

Trading Station

Here is the system that I am using. 2 seperate computers. One running eSignal, for charting, the second is running my trading platform and a browser for reading daily technical reports and e-mail. Each computer is a fully redundant backup of the other. Both are home built, AMD powered. Large harddrives, lots of fast memory and Win2K pro. DSL with router, 2 printers, one color inkjet and one laser. Telephone, cable TV (CNBC). I also use the machines to edit digital video that I shoot of skydivers. Want to get your mind off of trading, try skydiving.
              Attached Files

Comment

Trading Setup

Here is my trading setup. I hate to constantly change charts, so I like to keep charts of my open trades running. The screens are 19 or 20 inch LCD panels to reduce heat generation.

Tom Joseph
                eSignal-Advanced GET
                Attached Files
                Last edited by TomJoseph; 09-25-2003, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Desktop Trading systems

Here's a little guy trader set-up....probably typical?

Tom's setup is pretty impressive, I admit to thinking
                  about stacking monitors once. Forget the heat what about the radiation?<g>

Actually I was using a desktop management program called
                  hydravision and could multiply my 5 monitors with countless
                  desktops usually about 4 layouts....just toggle and 4 new screens.
                  4 screens for charts one screen/computer for broker accounts.
                  Three computers on cable router. I was on top of the market.

Then there were 2 computers....now only one?<g> I was always
                  able to keep my computers running well until, all the microsoft OS
                  patches began coming out daily...
                  Last edited by JJordan; 10-20-2003, 08:25 AM.

Comment

JJ

Impressive

You forget to mention the Henkley & Kock cal 45 short and the Desert Eagle cal 50 you keep under the right desk. Ehehehehe.

Great Charts nice young man.

Ciao JJ
                    Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Working...
                    X