Bond trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bond trading

Does anyone trade the 30 year bond alot while using esignal?

I trade the bund and bobl but I guess that doesn't help does it
    Helen

Comment

Travi

Yes I do.

Not alot for I prefer the Note , but I do trade US

Why? can I be helpfull in some way?
      Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Bond trading

Why The note over the 30?? The 30 has great volatility and always is moving based on reports..curious on your rationale )

Also, I am specializing in just bonds because I think I can Day trade them since there is usually a huge spread between high and low during the day..just wondering if you have any experience with it. Thanks!

Comment

The note is more liquid.

I go by pair , on Tens treasuries:

ES (or Big ) against Note

AX (DAX) Against BUND

I agree with you that US is a very good contract and is definitively more volatile than note or muni.

Eventually is definitively more rewarding if you trade it "per se".
          If you trade Treasury as a sort of "hedging" for the theoretical inverse correlation as I do, so I prefer Note and Bund just for the reason you mentioned.
          Last edited by fabrizio; 11-25-2003, 01:33 PM.
          Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

The note is more liquid.

Than i go by pair on Tens treasury:

ES (or Big ) against Note

AX (DAX) Against BUND

I agree with you that US is a very good contract and is definitively more volatile than note or muni.

Eventually is definitively more rewarding if you trade it "per se".
            If you trade Treasury as a sort of "hedging" for the theoretical inverse correlation as I do, so I prefer Note and Bund just for the reason you mentioned.
            Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Also, I am specializing in just bonds because I think I can Day trade them since there is usually a huge spread between high and low during the day..just wondering if you have any experience with it. Thanks!
              If this approach make you feel confortable and profitable I think you should pursue it.

I have frieds who takes large positions - 20 or 40 contracts on BUND , carry them ON and are really profitable and satisfied.

IMHO treasuries are NOT so Harmonic as other instruments ( i.e S&P) .
              Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Working...
              X