Out of Memory Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of Memory Error

Whenever I run an efs file through tick replay it quits after about 3 days (on a 10 day file) and gives me the message "out of Memory". Then esignal crashes. This has been happening ever since I upgraded to 7.5. I have since downgraded to 7.4 but still have the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?? I have been playing with the allocation for heap size and stack size but it doesn't seem to help.

My system more than meets the minimum requirements for 7.4 and 7.5 and before upgrading I had run hundreds of such efs files through the tick replay. Also I have tested a generic efs that comes with esignal with the same problem occurring so it's not just this particular efs file.

Any help or recommendations are more than welcome. I am getting a little frustrated. My thanks in advance.
    Last edited by rmthiele; 12-30-2003, 01:28 PM.

Hi,

I had something similar happen to me many releases ago...if my aging memory serves somehow my Formula Output Root path had been corrupted during an install. You might verify that it is correct and pointing to a valid directory.

Garth
    Garth

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Garth. I just looked into it and it seems correct. It is sending the files to the proper directory (at least 1/3 of the file before it crashes). So I don't think that's my problem here. I appreciate your help though.

Comment

rmthiele,

It sounds as if there was a bad install of 7.5, but to confirm this, could you attach the EFS file and also mention what symbol you are testing this on? This way one of us can test to see if we have the same problem on our side. If so, then we know it's a reproducible issue, and not just a local one to your PC. If we can reproduce the problem or if you would just prefer not to post your EFS file, then I would suggest a complete uninstall and reinstall.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Thanks Jay

I honestly believe it is specific to my computer. I have tried a generic MA efs that comes with e-signal with the same results and I doubt that would have a glitch in it. I did follow your instructions and at first still got an error. I increased the stack size and took out an advanced time and sales I had attached to the advanced chart doing the replay. I have tested 3 different files now without an error so it looks like problem solved.

Thanks for your time and help.

Comment

Working...
          X