Strategy automation forex markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategy automation forex markets

I am a Tradestation user but am in need of strategy automation for my forex models. I am quite comfortable with the Easy Language code that is used to interface with that front end. How does one get assistance with converting the Easy Language code into the eSignal scripts code?

How widely used is the forex strategy automation fuctionality on eSignal? Are we only able to use GAIN Capital or can this signal generation be interfaced with other forex dealers? What additional costs -- if any -- are involved? How is bad data dealt with? How much historical intraday data is available to eSignal users? Has this data set been supplied by multiple vendors?

I am serious about getting this going so a contact/support is very important to me at this stage.

thank you

c_13

Hello c_13,

Welcome to the eSignal Central Forums, and thanks for your post.

Regarding transferring your ELA code into EFS (eSignal Formula Script), most users opt to have an EFS Consultant do the conversion as they are the pros at doing so. Unless you have experience with EFS or Javascript, that would be your best option in my opinion.

It difficult to say how widely spread trade automation is within the eSignal user base, but based on feedback on these forums, there is a fair amount of usage on it.

Regarding other Forex Dealers, the automation can only be done with Integrated Partners. At this time, only GAIN and A.B. Watley is integrated with eSignal for Forex data, however I believe Interactive Brokers is working on adding Forex data to their offerings. There's no additional cost from eSignal's side to integrate with one of our partners.

Regarding bad data, we do have some filters in place to catch bad data before sending it out, but as with all vendors that I've seen we cannot catch all errors.

We carry 120 days of historical intraday data, and the data comes from nearly 200 global bank and broker contributions (Asia / Pacific Rim, Russia, Europe and North America) You can click here for the complete listing.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

JayF,
      Thanks for the response. I have a few intraday currency models but I am concerned that I cannot test them on intraday data going back futher than 120 days. Is it possible to somehow modify the requested start and end dates in order to get a snapshot of intraday data back in February '02 to April '02 for example? The 120 day start date will always be moving forward and therefore prevent a benchmark data set from being worked with.

I am familiar with the GAIN Capital integration you mentioned but I didn't see the A.B. Watley offering. Is this a strategy automation facility/broker as well? Do you have more info on this?

Thank you,

Chip

Comment

Gain Capital Integration

Hi:
        I would like to know how the integration with Gain Capital works. I also interested in automatic execution using scripts.

Do you know how to do this.

Thanks

Eliseo

Comment

hey Eliseo,
          I am more familiar with Tradestation 7.2 but they don't have automation for forex. I have done some research on this topic and I can tell you that only a select few vendors facilitate strategy automation for forex markets. You will need eSignal forex feed and your strategy in EFS. GAIN Capital has a 30 day trial papertrading account. You can download the eSignal receiver that communicates your trading signals with GAIN desk. I posted the links below.

http://www.gaincapital.com/index.asp?page=Trial30
          http://www.gaincapital.com/index.asp?page=RsEsignal

Let me know how this works out for you as I am still in research/transition mode.

good luck

c_13

Comment

JayF,
            If you are trading an automated strategy through the eSignal/GAIN interface and you were to override your position manually ie. you take profits on a long position, will the interface recognize this or will it just follow its programmed course and send a liquidation order if the stop condition(s) is/are met? How does the portfolio interact here? How could one override the trading model without creating a conflict?

thanks,

c_13

Comment

c_13,

My understanding is that you would need to create override button(s) to do what you need to do. For example, create a button that is placed directly on the chart that will close out any open orders and let EFS know to cancel/not process any stops or limits.

For info on creating these types of buttons, try this Bulletin Board Search.
              Regards,
              Jay F.
              Product Manager

Comment

For inquiries on the Gain Capital partnership, please visit the below link.
                http://www.esignal.com/map/gaincapital/default.asp

For info on A.B. Watley's Forex offerings, please visit this link.
                http://www.abwatley.com/forex/
                Regards,
                Jay F.
                Product Manager

Comment

thanks again JayF, this info is helpful.

c_13

Comment

JayF,
                    GAIN only handles the automation or market orders and AB Watley is not able to execute forex through EFS (yet). Are there any other options for eSignal users who want to automate their forex strategies?

Comment

Working...
                    X