What Kind Of Stocks Is This???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Kind Of Stocks Is This???

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT TYPE OF SHARE THIS ?????
    Attached Files

Hi Silver,

If you are referring to iShares, it stands for Index Shares. Other examples of iShares are QQQ, SPY, DIA. These are stocks that track an underlying index. QQQ=NASDAQ 100 Trust Shares, SPY=SPYDRS (S&P 500), and DIA=Diamonds Trust Series I or the Dow 30. Here is the official definition of iShares courtesy of Investopedia.com

"Index funds that trade like stocks on stock markets. Each share represents a proportion of ownership in each stock that makes up an index."

Comment

As Linus said -- it's an index.. Or an ETF (Exchange traded fund).

IGM is a technology fund. They work just like a stock -- buy/sell/options.

Search on google for iShares -- lots of info and lots of different sectors.

I've never traded them -- has anyone else? The spreads on the options are always a bit too high, I've thought... It looks kind of like they peg their prices every 30 minutes because they jump all over the place.

Anyone have experience w/ that?

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Linus.

Yes, sorry, I trade QQQ all the time -- great spread prices, less than .01 bid/ask, and options usually .05 apart. Nice. I wish SPX had better spreads like the Q on its options.

What I've been looking at is the iShares. It would be nice to play a sector but I just think the ticks seem strange and the option spreads are usually in the 10%+ range bid/ask...

Thanks again.

Anyone else trade ishares? OR, recommend a good way to leverage sectors?

Comment

Working...
        X