Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Industry Symbols

Hello,

Is there an easy way to get industry symbols. For example, if I wanted to know the industry symbol for biotechnology could I click on somewhere withing esignal to get it?

Thanks

Carlton

I don't believe that you can click on something within the software as you described but you can go to "Trader's Toolbox" (see the menu at top of eSignal Central) and look under "Market Data". I believe that there is a list of industry indices there.

Comment

Hi Carlton,

I've included a quick link to the Industry Indexes page within the Traders Toolbox at eSignal Central. Please let me know if this is what you were searching for.

Comment

Scott,

Thanks. I just check out the link you provided. I noticed that there isn't an NYSE index.

Can you tell me if there is an index on the NYSE for biotechnology stocks? For example, there is an index on nasdaq for biotechology stocks(NBI), for amex the index is (BTK), however I don't see a NYSE index for biotechnology.

Thanks again

Carlton

Comment

Carlton,

The symbol $NYA is the symbol for the NYSE Composite Index. As for the NYSE Biotech Index, I don't ever recall such an index so it is quite possible it doesn't exist. If anyone has information to the contrary, please feel free to post. Here is the link for the NYSE Index Listing.

Comment

Dunae,

Thanks mate.

Carlton

Comment

Working...
            X