No announcement yet.

What is the most accurate S&P daytrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my 60 minute chart with time/price squares. Just for analysis, not daytrading.

Originally posted by Dukefist
    theplumber,

I also use a black background chart, could you post your MM.EFS -Gann -Time Price Squares -etc with the color changes you made. Also, where could I find info on Gann and these tools to learn how to use them?

Thanks in advance,

Dukefist
    Attached Files

Comment

As for the education, I have Prechter's and Glen Neely's books on EW and all of Gann original books and courses. But to put it all together in a trading format after you know the basics I would buy anything by Michael Jenkins.A number of newletters helped me also , like the STU by Hochberg of Elliot Wave International and Jeff Cooper of Realmoney as well as Jenkins newsletter.

Originally posted by Dukefist
      theplumber,

I also use a black background chart, could you post your MM.EFS -Gann -Time Price Squares -etc with the color changes you made. Also, where could I find info on Gann and these tools to learn how to use them?

Thanks in advance,

Dukefist

Comment

The best

For probably the best analysis I've seen on Elliot Waves is here http://csf.colorado.edu/forums/longwaves/2003/pdf00021.pdf

Comment

More strategy

This depends on how much dedication you want to have. If you take a pivot date and subtract the next pivot date, then square root that number, add 2 and square the result, it will give you a potential next pivot date, providing the time and price square out (that is you quest and measure of dedication). Example, July 24 lows A minus the B date of 7-31 is 8 days. Square root that to get 2.83 and add 2. 4.828 is re-squared to get 23 days. 23 days from the 7-24 lows is 8-14 D, a pivot date. A minus F would be I and B minus C would be E. The real juice come in with Oct 10 J minus Nov 6 K is 28 days, that rooted is 5.29 , add 2 = 7.29 , and re-squared is 53 days. 53 days from the Oct 10 lows is Dec 1 , but no trading that day so Dec 2 will have to do which is M. The vertical lines are Fib numbers from the July 24 lows. Very interesting how they seem to land on pivot dates.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hmm, so I assume you know the basics of Gann and EW? Each book is different so take the package deal but if you can spring for the course he has get that instead.The books don't deal alot with the Square of 9 techniques but the course does. Other books by Duffy or Ferrera can fill in the gaps with the So9.But I can't stress knowing the basics enough. Can you spot a wave pattern without GET? Can you spot a time/price square out without MM efs or other efs'? Start from the beginning and if you want a little extra PM me, but keep an open mind.

Originally posted by linus71
            PHP Code:
            But to put it all together in a trading format after you know the basics I would buy anything by Michael Jenkins
            plumber,

I have the option to get the books "Geometry of Stock Market Profits" and "Chart Reading for Traders" by Michael Jenkins for a rebate if I buy both.
            Since "Chart Reading" covers the Gann techniques as in "Geometry" I like to ask you if can skip "Geometry" without missing anything of importance.
            Or is it worth reading both these books.

Thanks in advance for your reply,
            Linus

Comment

Time symmetry

The market seems to love time symmetry. These are two different charts of the S&P and the Dow from different time periods.The S&P is a 180 minute chart and the Dow is a daily, but the same pattern scaled to a smaller time frame.Can anyone say Fractals?
              Attached Files

Comment

Chart 2

Chart #2
                Attached Files

Comment

Is this better?

This pyratool is the way Don Hall and Gann intended it to look like with the correct calculations.Another great tool to trade with.Todays rally was stopped by the channel line, classic.But the most important part is the time element (end of square) turns, the calculations are perfect.

Originally posted by linus71
                  Thanks plumber for your valuable input.
                  I get those books and some more.

Besides, the information your images contain are quite impressive.
                  But they are huge in size.
                  Could you keep them more handy so that I could see them on a single monitor?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X