Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trin On Daily Chart

Hello

Can someone please tell me why I'm unable to see the $trin on the daily chart - please see image.

Thx

Carlton
    Attached Files

Hi,

I can see it when I change it to a line chart.

Thx.

Carlton

Comment

Hello,

Can the $Tick and $Trin be used on daily charts as well as intraday? I understand that the $tick has to be from 9:30 to 16:00pm, so I was wondering if this would affect its use on daily charts - I hope that makes sense

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Hi Carlton,

Based on the image you provided, it has always been my understanding that the most important aspect of the daily TICK and TRIN was not so much the chart pattern, but the EOD value.

In the case of TRIN, values less than 1 considered bullish and values greater than 1 are considered bearish. I hope this answers your question.

Comment

Hello Duane,

Great explanation. Thanks a lot mate.

Carlton

Comment

[i]Based on the image you provided, it has always been my understanding that the most important aspect of the daily TICK and TRIN was not so much the chart pattern, but the EOD value.

[/B]
            Hi Duane,

This was taken from one of your quotes many months ago. I wonder if you elaborate.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Hi Carlton,

As we talked about earlier, the chart of $TRIN is pretty jumpy and while some may be able to use the chart as a visual contrarian indicator, it has been my experience that most traders tend to go with the EOD value to determine an underlying bullish or bearish sentiment. Take a look at the daily chart of $TRIN below, and you'll see what I mean.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Cpatte,

Try this , it has worked really well for me and others. Do a 10 day sma of the trin and when it rolls downward it is a bullish signal, and if it rolls up it is a bearish signal.

Purple line, the grey line is a 10 MA of the VIX.

If the days get whippy and the market is not trending use a 5 MA.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by FibbGann; 06-01-2004, 01:04 PM.
                Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Here is a tick chart, treat it just like any other chart! (excluding extreme tick rules. Take this chart and compare it to the ES #F for today. With the right corolations between the two along with other indicators and strategies that work for your trading style. This trick works quite well.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by FibbGann; 06-01-2004, 01:29 PM.
                  Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Thanks guys,

I'm going to study the charts and see I can make them work for me.

I may have a few extra questions on understanding the charts - if thats ok with you guys.

Carlton

Comment

Hi Carlton,

You may want to visit the following link that gives a good description of the Arms Index (TRIN) and how it is interpreted. Hope this helps.

Comment

Duane,

This helps a lot mate. The site explains Trin in a way that even I can understand

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Originally posted by DuaneG
                          Hi Carlton,

You may want to visit the following link that gives a good description of the Arms Index (TRIN) and how it is interpreted. Hope this helps.
                          Duane --

That was interesting -- never saw trin described like that... Especially as using it as a contrary to a primary indicator.

-c

Comment

Hi Guys,

I'm glad you found it helpful. I've never really followed TRIN strategies with any kind of vigor, but that explanation always helped keep it simple enough. All it takes is a glance, and I can get a feel for direction and movement relatively quickly. Have fun.

Comment

Going to Miss Rally

Hi All,

I wonder if someone could enlighten me on bull/bear markets.

I started trading (real money) 4 months ago after quite some learning to trade. During the past 4 months the markets have been pretty ****ty. I'm going to suspend trading for about 2 months as I will be relocating back home to England.

It would appear that the markets are now showing incredible strength and I think the rally has kicked in. As you can imagine I'm a little pissed off because I think that I'm going to miss the rally when I re-commence trading in 2 months.

My question is, does anyone have a judgement on how long they feel the rally will last?

I just feel as though I'm going to lose out on the rally. Any reassurance will be welcomed

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Working...
                              X