Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52-Week High

Hello,

Can the suggestions on trading stocks that are either approaching their 52-week high or surpassed their 52-week high.

Its my understanding that such stocks usually climb even higher.

Cheers

Carlton

Hi again --

It really, really depends...

Is it a double top or a trend of a series of new 52-week highs?

This all goes back to your style. If you trade Moving Averages (a great way if you want to look at stocks once a week) then you are looking for stocks that at not just at 52-week highs but keep making 52-week highs.

This question has more to do w/ your particular style but the answer is: a) avoid it, b) buy it. Depending on your style...

But, generally, 52-week highs are 'buys' -- UNLESS it's a double-top... (example: See INTC making a double top in last 2 months)

Comment

soylent,

Thanks for your comments.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Hey, no problem.

How is your research coming? And, why is it that you and I are about the only two people chatting around here?

Anyhow, have you found a system you are starting to like? What's it looking like?

Comment

Soylent,
          Research is coming along fine. I have been paper trading for such a time. I hope to place my first trade soon - kinda excited.

Its amazing because each time I send a post I usually get a whole lot of responses. This forum is almost like family to me Believe or not, I'm actually learning how to trade from good people like yourself and others in this forum.

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Working...
          X