Near Perfect Swing Trade Set Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Near Perfect Swing Trade Set Up?

I've only just started trading US stocks as the ESTX is so lame at the moment and I'm finding it wonderful! There are just so many opportunities out there.

Here's one I spotted this morning and managed to get in at (UK) teatime today @ 18-39. Look at the set up, I think it's pretty near as textbook a swing trade as you can get!

Daily Chart

Weekly Chart
    :
    Helen

Hi Helen --

Is there a definition of a swing trade somewhere?

I read 'master swing trader' (Farley) and found that it didn't really look like it had anything to do w/ my perception of swing trading... (digression: More like 'art of war' for trading. No specifics -- but, lots of good general advice. A lot thicker than art of war, that's for sure)

Anyhow, I looked at that stock and I am by NO means any expert on anything but it scared me. Which means it's probably a GREAT BUY! But...

Here's my simplistic analysis: You're in a Wave 4 retrace on the 60-Minute bar. You will probably hit 19.20ish before this turns back south and heads to $16ish. I would like it more

So, you can catch that wave-4 'swing(?)' but that's an awfully scary position -- to me...
    Attached Files

Comment

Hiya,

I don't use the geometric TA stuff. I use candlesticks, BBs and support and resistance that's all. I don't hold stocks more than a day or so and the trade will probably be closed this afternoon, if it hits 19.2 I'd be more than delighted I move my stops up to break even ASAP and this one has the stop at +0.24 right now. I think basically with candles you tend to get signals that are good for a day or two that is all.

I didn't find a satisfactory definition of swing trading in Farley either, although I do like the book
      Helen

Comment

I would have to pass on this stock for 2 reasons. Its in a downtrend on D, W, M charts and the volume is ridiculously low.

Just my take, lets see what happens.

Fibbgann
        Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Hi,

I'm using TC2000, only just got it so trying out various scans. This one came from the "5 days down" scan.

Looking good for it's 19-20 at the mo
          Helen

Comment

Stop hit as it fell back at 19. Not a bad profit for a 24 hour hold. +0.59 inc costs.
            Helen

Comment

Working...
            X