Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chart Appearance

Hello,

Can someone please tell me why my charts appear remarkable different when I resize my window? I have attached an image showing how they appear. The image shows the same stock on same chart and how it appears when I simply resize the window. It is a 5min chart. The time template is 24hour.

Thanks

Carlton
    Attached Files

Hi,

The chart should appear as the image on the right according cnbc and other financial websites..

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Look at your setting for 'price' on the right hand side of the chart. See if you are compressing the 'price' into a smaller zone. That will make your chart look more flat or more volatile based on how you set that. You can 'fit to screen' if you select 'chart options->scaling->autoscale'.

Comment

Soylent,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The scaling is set to autoscale. Still getting the same problem.

Not entirely sure what you mean by compressing the price into a smaller scale so I have attached another image.

Cheers

Carlton
        Attached Files

Comment

That clears it up.

Your smaller window isn't displaying yesterdays price. There was such a gap that it makes todays movements, while significant, look 'flat'.

Try this:
          - Leftclick on the PRICE on the right-hand side of screen (hold button)
          - DRAG the price up/down

This will show the days range more clearly / give you a better idea of what happened 'today'. Or, you could leave auto-scale on and drag the TIME scale line so you get rid of yesterdays prices -- this would allow you to see the actual volatility in this day.

Does that make sense?

Comment

soylent

Makes perfect sense.

Thanks again mate.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Hi Carlton,

I'm not sure if you have been through the eSignal New User Training videos, but we keep a log of them online for public viewing. They are approximately an hour in length. They are under the "Recorded Events" link. There is some good information put forth that may be of use to yourself and others.

Comment

Duane,

Cheers mate.

I'll check'em out.

Carlton

Comment

Working...
                X