Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossing Above Moving Averages

Hello,

Can someone provide some links on where I can find information that will on the significance of stocks that have Crossed Above 50-Day Moving Average, and those that have Crossed Above 200-Day Moving Average?

Cheers

Carlton

Hello,

I meant to say....

Can someone provide some links on where I can find information on the significance of stocks that have Crossed Above 50-Day Moving Average, and those that have Crossed Above 200-Day Moving Average?

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Hi Carlton --

There are some nice systems built for the 'buy and hold' investor that look @ the 200-day, 50-day, and 100-day averages...

In general, these techniques beat the averages -- even when used w/ a standard 'index' (e.g. SPY) for buy/sell.

Basically, though:
      When the 50 > 100 > 200, stock will trend higher. Buy on the '50-day line' -- sell if it breaks below 50. Or, some will say, below 50 for <x> days.

Reverse system for shorts.

Checkout 'TurtleTrader.com'. I don't think their system is 'free' -- but, they do have a reputation for a solid moving average system.

Best of luck!

Comment

Hi Carlton,

You might find getting hold of a copy of Stan Weinstein's Secrets for profiting in Bull and Bear Markets useful. He uses a 30 week MA but the principles in the book will probably be helpful.

Cheers
        Helen

Comment

Hi Helen,

Thanks for your comments.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Working...
          X