volume real time monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• volume real time monitoring

Hi, this is my first trial day with esignal.

Is there any way to monitor the volume of stock in real time using esignal, in order to detect abnormal volume activities?

I was thinking of something similar to metastock's explorer, but in real time.

Hi Rodrigonp,

One way to monitor volume in real time within eSignal is with the Tabular Volume feature. To access this information within eSignal, choose "File" > "New" > "Standard Chart" > "Interval Tabular." You can then choose from different intervals to get cumulative figures to spot spikes in volume. I've also included a screen shot to illustrate the Interval Tabular Volume window. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Hi Duane,

Thanks.

Great feature! But this is not exactly what I am looking for.

Let me explain better. What I am looking for is a tool that alerts me in real time when a stock is having abnormal volume. This tool would search among all stocks in the market or among a pre-selected list that I built.

For example, I could insert a parameter that would search for all stocks that are having their currently volume 50% above the last 20 days moving average an equivalent period (minutes/hours/day).

I can do this in metastock but only by the end of the day. It would be a great resource if done in real time, because it would be easier to track insider (or "well informed") movements in stock market ant that immediate actions.

Regards,
      Rodrigo.

Comment

Hi Rodrigo,

Although it can't currently "alert" you, the eSignal Market Scanner add-on does let you search using heavy volume as a criteria. We offer a free 30 day trial for this service so I'd recommend you sign-up and try it out.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X