Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interactive Broker Login

Hello,

Has anyone had problems in the past logging into IB. Each time I attempt to login all I get is a dialogue box flashing on the screen - it flashes so quickly I can't read the information on the box. However, my guess is that its saying something like "Login Process"

Its really annoying because I would like to set up a few trades for possible trading tomorrow.

I will check their website for support, however, if any of you guys have experienced similar problems and know the solution I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Carlton

Just one other question.

Each time I logout of TWS and log back in I lose all of my price settings except the securities symbol. Anyone experienced that problem too?

Thanks

Carlton

Comment

It has just happened again.

I managed to login. I then created a page with prices etc., l then logged out and logged back in again and the page has gone.

There is very little help on Interactive Brokers website.

Any help would be appreciated.

Carlton

Comment

I can probably point out the problem you stated in your first message as many people are not aware. The TWS platform has various "maintenance" downtimes and if you try to log in while the server you are connected to is down, you will get the conditions that you described. Unfortunately, you will get no message that it is unavailable, you just have to familiarize yourself with the downtimes. You can see the system hours for the US server under Help/System Status from their website. For example, the system is down over the weekend and on a nightly basis.

Again, this can vary by server also. Besides the US server, I believe that there is an European server and a Hong Kong server. In my case, I live in Tokyo but my account is on the US server. You can have it changed but you would have to make a request to IB to do so once you know the maintenance hours. You can probably go to the IB forum and find more information.

As for the page problems, that problem is also discussed on the IB forum numerous times but I have never had that problem. It seems that it mostly happens when people upgrade to a newer version. I would just recommend that you make sure you understand how to create and save new pages. I am not sure what you mean by "price settings" though. Usually, price is the feed of information so I am unsure what you are inputting as it relates to price.

Comment

Carlton, you need to save settings or else it will do exactly as you describe, "forget" the tickers you have put in. Make your changes, then go to File, and Save Settings and it will be fine.
          Helen

Comment

Helen and AllenCook

Thanks for your assistance. I carried out your suggestions and the problem was resolved.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Working...
            X