Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broker Window ESignal Paper Trade

Hello,

I wonder if someone can tell me why I constantly keep on getting the same broker window when using ESignal's paper trade. Everytime I delete the Papertrades.dat file it keeps on reappearing. As a result, the same broker window appears. I've tried everything to get rid of it but it keeps on reappearing - its beginning to drive me crazy.

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Carlton

Hi Carlton,

I guess I'm a little confused. Are you looking to clear out the trades that have been executed thus far in the broker window? Or just trying to keep the window from opening up completely? Please let me know. Thanks.

Comment

Duane,

I was paper trading stocks yesterday. I was viewing the stocks through the broker window and everything was fine. I opened thebroker window today and I'm presented with stocks that I was trading sometime ago. So through my investigations, I opened up a file called papertrades.dat in the esignal folder and found the stocks that I was papertrading sometime ago in that file. There is another file papertrades.dat file which contains the current stocks that I want to see. Therefore, I deleted the old papertrades.dat file and replaced it with the updated papertrades.dat file. I then reopen the broker and it recreates the old papertrades.dat and also brings up the old stocks.

It won't go away.

Duane, I hope this explanation is clear - I understand if you find it a little confusing.

Cheers mate.

Carlton

Comment

Hi Carlton,

I think I understand how you were going about this. I would like to suggest a more efficient way to clear out trades and other info from the broker window. By right clicking on a specific cell within the broker window, you can simply delete old executions and other stale info directly rather than having to bother with the papertrades.dat file. Here's an example.

Let me know how this goes for you. Thanks

Comment

Hi Duane,

I guess that is a more efficient way of deleting old trades.

Thanks again mate.

Carlton

Comment

There should be a global Clear All > Save. Highlighting row by row, or a range of rows, for delete is a half-step workaround. The paper trade broker window is a remnant from a long time ago and needs a complete overhaul IMO.

Comment

Lancer,

Thats great.

Thanks

Carlton

Comment

Working...
              X