Single Stock Futures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Stock Futures

Is anyone trading these? How do you find them? Is liquidity a problem? I'm just beginning to look at them as a vehicle for longer term trades, which to me is a couple of days
    Helen

Helen
    You can find the complete listings (as I know them) for May and June expirations in the Quote Windows available here. For more information on SSFs you may want to visit One Chicago
    Hope this helps
    Alex

Comment

Thanks Alexis. Just one question (very fundamental!) having downloaded the quote window how do I get it ro run in e-sig? I've tried just running it and it tells me it's the wrong format?
      Helen

Comment

Helen
        Are you using a browser different from IE? If so then it could be that it is applying a different extension when you are downloading and saving the file.
        Try to download it again and when prompted to save make sure that you set the name in quotes with the quo extension (for example "SSF K4.quo"). This should force it to save the file with the appropriate extension.
        Let me know
        Alex

Comment

Well I sorted it but I'm not sure why! I had it saved to the download folder. So I moved it into the main program folder and it worked then

Thanks, it's a superb bit of help!
          Helen

Comment

Hi Helen,

From everything I have read, there is still somewhat of a liquidity issue with Single Stock Futures. I suspect that this will change over time, but like anything, it takes a little momentum to really get these instruments rolling.

Comment

SSF quote window

Is thre an updated quote window for SSF's? I downloaded the one listed below but it is out of date. Thanks.

Comment

brightstar
                If by out of date you mean that the contracts listed are expired then you can very easily update them all at your end.
                Open the SSF M4.quo Quote Window then in the main menu select Quote Options->Change Expiration. In the dialog box that will open insert M4 in the From cell and Z4 in the To cell if you want the quarterlies or V4 or X4 for the serial months. Then select Futures and click OK.
                You can find the complete list of the current SSFs at One Chicago
                Alex

Comment

Hi Brightstar,

I've created three .quo files with the individual expirations for October, November and December 2004. This file has been saved as a .zip file type so you'll need WinZip or another application to open and use the files. This should get you started.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X