Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If your using EFS, enter the highest return you've had...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't really go in to any detail right now. But I can tell you a few things that I know:

The super indicator is an excellent tool (70% + of the time) to give you general market direction. It can give you very defined entry point on whatever it is you happen to be trading. The only problem with Super Indicator is it usually does not give you a defined exit point, so you cannot simply just exit when it changes from color. You have to define a set of rules that work around the superindicator. I am not at home right now(Uva), so I cannot explain more. Hope if helps.

Regards,
    Jason

Comment

• Originally posted by sams
      Hello,

I have seen and tested some wonderful efs studys (e.g. super indicator). I think it´s hard work to do this, thanks to the programmer.
      But when I am running Back Testing in esignal with this efs studys on "YM U4", 1 minute, it shows me only minus profit. If I take the normal MACD it shows me a nice profit.
      My opinion is that the backtesting should show a big profit, so that I can make a small profit in real time. How can some people make money with studys like super indicator?

regards
      sams
      The Super indicator was not designed for an entry exit trigger. It was just designed to be a helper tool. I hvae other that are designed for entry and exit, But I would like to increase the ratio's before releasing any updates.

I have high expectations so it takes time with my busy schedule. Hope to have updates for my stuff in Oct./Nov.

Sorry, busy attending to my followers at this time.

Fibbgann
      Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

• My Code..

Issue #1.. This was an attempt to handle GAPS in a price breach. You are obviously correct, the second IF stated is never valid - so it is never executed.

In it, there is some logic I do not understand (lines 138-139):

if (((ShortEntryOption >= 1) && (high() >= EntryTargetPrice) && (low() <= EntryTargetPrice))) {
        if (high() < EntryTargetPrice)
        //snip
        }

How can the second 'if' statement ever be true if reached, what with the middle part of the preceeding 'if' statement seemingly being the complete opposite?
        Issue #2. Again an early attempt to accomplish things with EFS. If you notice, there are 4 conditions here. two for MAtrend = 1 or -1 and two for MAtrend = 0. The attempt was to handle conditions for any MAtrend, but I could have redesigned this to be

if (MAtrend >=0) { blah blah blah

or

if (MAtrend <=0) { blah blah blah

and made it into two conditions.

Further, on lines 356-373:

if ((MAtrend == -1) && (MA2 < MA13) && (lastMA2 > lastMA13)) {
        // TSI Trend is Bearish - now switch to bullish.
        MAtrend = 1; // bullish
        nNewTrade = 1;
        nsignal = 1;
        signal = "Bullish";
        setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.green, 0);
        }

// ESTABLISH NEW TSI TREND DIRECTION - if NONE.
        if ((MAtrend == 0) && (MA2 < MA13) && (lastMA2 > lastMA13)) {
        // NEW TSI Trend is Bearish.
        MAtrend = -1; // bearish
        nNewTrade = 1;
        nsignal = -1;
        signal = "Bearish";
        setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.red, 0);
        }

How is it in the first case that the MA logic is "strong" enough to give a change in trend (MAtrend), while in the second case the complete opposite result is selected (trend, nsiignal, & signal), coming from a neutral beginning?

The code runs fine/great, so I am not bringing up these points as a matter of correction, but to ask what I am missing.

Any illumination that can be shared with this grasshopper would be greatly appreciated!

- Greg
        Bottom line, this was an early attempt to create a variable based solution with a multitude of options for entries. As I've learned, there are many better ways to streamline the code.

Sorry for the confusion.
        Brad Matheny
        eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

• Brad,

Thank you for the clarification. More so, I am very appreciative of all that you have shared. It has guided my efs programming tremendously.

Thanks,
          Greg

Comment

• Doji3333, email me over at [email protected] when you are ready to swap out that EFS. How are your realtime results coming thus far?

Top for Doji

Regards,
            Jason
            Last edited by BakedWafer; 09-08-2004, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Baked..

You're going to have to be patient with me. I've got alot of things going on.

Trying to complete 2 web sites.
              Finish projects for clients.
              Finish my own projects.
              Moving soon.
              and generally taking care of other business.

There are some improvements I want to make to my code before I send it to you. So, please have patience with me as this project is on the back burner while I have other more pressing things to finish.

B
              Brad Matheny
              eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

• Re: Baked..

Wasn't trying to push the issue, take all the time you need.

Regards,
                Jason

Originally posted by Doji3333
                You're going to have to be patient with me. I've got alot of things going on.

Trying to complete 2 web sites.
                Finish projects for clients.
                Finish my own projects.
                Moving soon.
                and generally taking care of other business.

There are some improvements I want to make to my code before I send it to you. So, please have patience with me as this project is on the back burner while I have other more pressing things to finish.

B

Comment

• FX EURO

My best so far for trading FX EURO.
                  Win rate is 83%.
                  Average pips per trade is 18.
                  133 trades in 120 days.
                  All figures are net (i.e. after 3 pip spread).
                  I would love to backtest this for more than 120 days. When is this coming?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X