Looking to try Forex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to try Forex

Looking for comments on trading the Forex.

I currently trade the Euro Futures and Mini Russell Futures.

Wondering how eSignal's data works for the Forex.

Bruce

P.S. Alex, if I remember correctly I thought you mentioned you traded the Forex....any comments would be appreciated.

The Forex market works great with e-signal. I use it all the time and its only $50/month.

Comment

FOREX Data

Hi,
      I was wondering if you someone could tell me where I could get historical data for the FOREX markets. If anyone out there is willing to give a few months of FOREX data, that would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for the 4 major currencies (USD/EUR, USD/CHF, USD/BP, USD/JPY).

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kartik
      [email protected]

Comment

Currency data

Hi Daytrader85,

Go to www.dailyfx.com and click on the chart of your desire and set the timeframe to monthly.

Pdougherty

Comment

FOREX Historical Data

Hi Pdougherty,
          Thanks for your reply. But, I was looking for a site where you could download ASCII data for FOREX, that I could either put on Excel or import into a third-party software. Can this site do that??

Thanks.

Kartik

Comment

Re: FOREX Historical Data

Originally posted by daytrader85
            Hi Pdougherty,
            Thanks for your reply. But, I was looking for a site where you could download ASCII data for FOREX, that I could either put on Excel or import into a third-party software. Can this site do that??

Thanks.

Kartik

This works:
            http://www.forexite.com/free_forex_q...ory_arhiv.html

daily updated, including intraday, works in Tradestation and Metastock.

I can deliver excel format, but than you still miss all the updates.

Comment

Spike,
              Thanks for the link. Looks like this is what I was looking for. But it might take sometime for you me to move all these files and seperate in FOREX exchange and then import it into my software.

You said you deliver it in Excel format. I think that would be a lot easier for me to manipulate for it work on my software. What do you mean by that??

Thanks.

Kartik
              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by daytrader85
                Spike,
                Thanks for the link. Looks like this is what I was looking for. But it might take sometime for you me to move all these files and seperate in FOREX exchange and then import it into my software.

You said you deliver it in Excel format. I think that would be a lot easier for me to manipulate for it work on my software. What do you mean by that??

Thanks.

Kartik
                [email protected]
                I will send you an excelfile with the data on your hotmail adress.
                Do you need daily data or intraday as well? Intraday will take lots of MB's.

Comment

Originally posted by spike500
                  I will send you an excelfile with the data on your hotmail adress.
                  Do you need daily data or intraday as well? Intraday will take lots of MB's.
                  I only have Dollar against Euro., because that's the only one i need.
                  Which currencies do you need?

Comment

Another free source for forex data in different time frames is available at the Dukascopy.com site.

Comment

Working...
                    X