Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cbot Mini Futures?

Hello,

I trade the YM but recently its been in ALOT more chop then i care to watch (i.e. i go in off my system all is going well..then the market does a verticle 180 up down up down in a range of like 40 points for like half the day.) So i am looking for other futures to trade.

I am wondering if anyone trades any of the Cbot mini futures... YC YH YK YN YW YG YI because when i tried to add them to chart they looked Really thiny traded and rather parthetic..

Does anyone here trade any of the symbols i stated above on intraday?

MiniGrasshopper,

If you want volume in mini's you will have to look to ES and NQ. YM is the highest volume mini at CBOT. Regarding the tight range, I believe that it is not specific to YM. You will find the same characteristics in all products from time to time. For what it is worth, I did several studies comparing ES, NQ, and YM. When taking into consideration the volatility and margin requirements YM always came out on top as the product with the greatest profit potential. This did not take into consideration trading 100 contract lots. If just trading a few contracts at a time, YM was the best deal I was able to find in mini equity index futures.

gavishTi

Comment

Futures

MiniGrasshopper

I would recommend you check out the currency futures (especially the Euro, the Japanese Yen and the British Pound). They move more in one day (in terms of ticks) then the ES does in one week!
      You should also check out the emini Russell (AB U4) whose trading range has been 2x of the ES on average. Do not forget the emini MidCap.

Happy Trading!

TraderBambu

Comment

Working...
      X