Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free or Cheap Market Commentary

Hello,

Can someone please let me know where I can get the kind of market commentary (as shown in link) without paying and arm-and-a-leg for it.

I know briefing.com have a similar market commentary but its not very detailed.

Cheers

Carlton

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/stor...7D&siteid=mktw

BTW, the term.an-arm-and-a-leg is a British term meaning inexpensive.

Hi Carlton,

Rather than pick a specific site, (there are a ton of them) you may want to visit the Traders Toolbox and take a look at some of the sites that are geared to news, research and commentary. Most of the sites out there are fairly well established in a particular niche. It may take some time to find the one that meets your needs, but the information is out there. Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi Duane,

This helps immensely.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Try some friends of mine http://www.streetaccount.com/index.asp

Comment

Plumber,

Can you tell me how much it costs?

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Originally posted by cpatte7372
            Plumber,

Can you tell me how much it costs?

Cheers

Carlton
            What's more important the cost or content? If cost is the issue stay with the free CBS Marketwatch, if content from the link I gave holds value (after you tried the free 2 week trial) then it's comparable to briefing.com. But like I said, what's more important to you.

Comment

Hi Plumber,

I guess what I should have said is it "Value for money"? Their are lots of sites out there that are good value for money e.g. 'Investors Business Daily' however, I'm not sure if I'm prepared to pay the subscription fee when I can do the analysis myself.

Thanks anyway.

Carlton

Comment

Originally posted by cpatte7372
                Hi Plumber,

I guess what I should have said is it "Value for money"? Their are lots of sites out there that are good value for money e.g. 'Investors Business Daily' however, I'm not sure if I'm prepared to pay the subscription fee when I can do the analysis myself.

Thanks anyway.

Carlton
                Did you at least do the 2 week free trial? I'm not pushing, just asking. I hear you on value for money, I like to say ROI instead. I will say that they are better than Briefing.com. It really depends on what exactly you trade. As an index futures trader myself I like macro news and events where as a stock trader would like company specific news. So for me I can justify https://secure2.thestreet.com/cap/lo...i%2Findex.html pricetag of 2K a year. I say this b/c of Doug Kass himself, who if you had read him late last year give his predictions for this years oil crisis, which he said Venezuela instead of Russian, and incorporated this into your risk profile I was able to capitalize on this as the more reason to short more aggressively. Also to read a hedge fund manager give his thoughts throughout the day is nice. Just giving my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                X