Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COMPLAINT: commodity errors - why no follow up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COMPLAINT: commodity errors - why no follow up?

Please see my last post titled "can't pull historical contracts?"

My development has been held up for quite some time by the problems with the Desktop API.

The only reason we are using eSignal at all is in order to interface with them electronically using the Desktop API.

I've written the entire interface application without being able to pull any data from eSignal due to continuous problems.

The last post contained a testing application that CLEARLY demonstrates a bug within eSignal when pulling commodity contracts. It works fine with stocks. We are only trading commodities and currencies, so this is obviously a big problem for us.

I've called Robi and left numerous messages. I've called tech support numerous times.

Currently I have not heard back from anyone concerning this issue.

The only time that Robi ever called was when his boss ran across one of my posts and thought that I was going to bog down the server with excessive requests. Once I explained that we were only trying to pull about 200 bars of data once a day, I recieved only a cursory amount of advise that did not help and have not heard from him since.

Considering that this behavior appears to be a bug in eSignal, I would have expected to hear back from someone to acknowledge that it is being worked on.

Please call me at 804.370.8196 to discuss this issue further.

Hi Chris,

Please check your email inbox as I have responded to your like-email to us.

Thanks.

Comment

As you are aware, I have been travelling to client sites this week and have not had a chance to dig into this issue further.

Do you receive data for any commodities? If so, which ones?

Comment

my two cents

The problem has been resolved now. From my first phone calls to Robi, this problem took almost two weeks to get resolved.

Once Robi actually looked at the code it only took him maybe an hour to figure out why it didn't work.

From talking to tech support it sounds as if Robi is the only person at eSignal responsible for supporting the Desktop API. That seems like very thin coverage for probably the most complicated component of eSignal.

We are only using eSignal as a backup data provider for our trading system. I can't image how horrible it would be to have a week long delay getting a production problem fixed during which your firm couldn't trade!

Anyway, thanks for getting the problem fixed in the end!

The original problem thread is at /showthread.php?s=&threadid=10599

Comment

Actually, the Desktop API is not even close to the most complicated component of eSignal, rather one of the least. However, I am the manager of the product (one of many) and have the most expertise with it. I also tend to deal with the more troublesome issues with all of our clients, which is why I was out for most of the week.

Your problem was a specific user issue and was addressed once before, but not implemented correctly. In fact, the only problem was a fairly obvious logical error. I personally feel that it is not eSignal's responsibility to resolve situations like this, as not many software vendors provide consultative services like what I provide at no additional cost. When I have time available to me, I tend to respond to forum questions more quickly, but business is booming and I am extremely busy with large client implementations that take precedence.

Comment

Working...
          X