Trying to create a Stoch formula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex.

It seems to be another language, so I appreciate the patience you have shown..I shall study through the links over the weekend and try to understand. You have at least pointed me in the right direction.

I've only just noticed you are a Moderator..so if this is part of what you do here, then, as far as I am concerned you appear to be good at what you do..

No doubt I shall be back to show my ignorance but in the meantime my thx, again, and have a good weekend..

regards

Swan

Comment

I'm not sure if this could be part of the problem, but when you change a study from a price study to an indicator study (or do the opposite), it pays to remove the original formula entirely and then load it again. Using reload in that case isn't predictable (or it is predictable, but you will not get the results you want).

G
      Garth

Comment

gspiker

Thx for your reply.
        I have followed a given example
        http://www.esignalcentral.com/traini...abase/ex_2.asp to create arrows on the PRICE chart for a MACD x-over. I have followed the instructions, I have the study Title visable on the chart, however there are no arrows.

help appreciated..

thx
        Swan
        Last edited by swan; 05-31-2003, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Swan
          Post the efs attached to a message.
          Alex

Comment

My mistake.

One setting was incorrect.. it's pretty sensitive this script writting stuff..

Practice practice practice..

regards

Swan

Comment

My previous mistake when corrected ment I have arrows..

However, they are reversed. The up arrows are where the down arrows should be and visa versa. Also the up arrows are above the price bar pointing up instead of below the price bar, pointing up and the down arrows are below the price bar pointing down instead of above the price bar pointing down.

I have reversed the settings, but this either changes nothing or all arrows are the same colour, but still in wrong positions..

I have triple checked the settings. They are the same as the example. i am somewhat confussed..

Help appreciated.

Regards

Swan

Comment

Hi,

Post the efs as you have it and I will take a look.

G
                Garth

Comment

Here is ESF..

that didn't work...trying again

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Swan
                      You have the yValue set to low() in both Set1 and Set2
                      Alex

Comment

Alex and I "triple" checked it..!!

Thx..

This is like trying to discuss philosophy in Chinese (no disrespect meant etc..) after one lesson and I'm on UK time..

My sincere gratitude to all. I'm learning

BUT..the arrows, whilst correctly above and below the price bars, are reversed still, in that the up arrows are where the down arrows should be and visa versa..

regards

swan
                        Last edited by swan; 05-31-2003, 07:08 PM.

Comment

THere is a greater than > and less than < sign.
                          in the Set1 and Set 2 commands between the right and left edit boxes.

I have reversed these and all is well with the arrows.

It does appear that the example i replicated this from has these signs around the wrong way..

I'm pleasently surprised that I've managed to correct this..

much more compicated than trading though...!!

Thx to all

Swan

Comment

Working...
                          X