Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MA cross over of an external symbol....Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I'm currently traveling and won't be active here for a few weeks. I downloaded and reviewed your efs though I can't run it yet. It's clear I will benefit from the test logic for the granularity issue and others I encounter.

I really appreciate your help and follow-up.

Have a great holiday.

Wayne
    Last edited by waynecd; 11-24-2009, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Hi Steve,

Thanks again for the test efs, I'm testing with it as I post. Understanding how to set up these logic/output tests is invaluable.

I know that the "inv()" is added as the last statement in an efsInternal call to change the interval used in the efsInternal function. The called function has an "a" to retain a constant value that outputs 1128 on a 5 min chart of "ES #F",i.e., [function testT(a) { // retains constant value] but is null in a 5 min AAPL chart.

Question:

What is the purpose of the "a" or retaining a constant value placed in "function testT(a) and how do you determine the value of "a"?

Thanks,

Wayne
      Last edited by waynecd; 01-07-2010, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Hi Wayne,

This was a holdover from another test efs I had written but had neglected to remove it in this example. I revised the original to pass parameters to demonstrate how this can work. I posted the revised efs in the demo Concepts Folder in my fileshare. Hope this helps.

Steve

Originally posted by waynecd
        Hi Steve,

Thanks again for the test efs, I'm testing with it as I post. Understanding how to set up these logic/output tests is invaluable.

I know that the "inv()" is added as the last statement in an efsInternal call to change the interval used in the efsInternal function. The called function has an "a" to retain a constant value that outputs 1128 on a 5 min chart of "ES #F",i.e., [function testT(a) { // retains constant value] but is null in a 5 min AAPL chart.

Question:

What is the purpose of the "a" or retaining a constant value placed in "function testT(a) and how do you determine the value of "a"?

Thanks,

Wayne

Comment

Hi Steve,

Great test code. I have benefitted alot from your fileshare as I know many others have as well.

Thanks,

Wayne

Comment

Hi Wayne,

My pleasure.

Steve

Originally posted by waynecd
            Hi Steve,

Great test code. I have benefited alot from your fileshare as I know many others have as well.

Thanks,

Wayne

Comment

Working...
            X