Determining the slope of a trendLine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBC
    The attached variation should play a sound and trigger an alert only at the close of the bar while the histogram will still be painted in real time.
    The reason adding setComputeOnClose() to the prior version of the formula does not work is because of the way the conditions for the alerts are laid out.
    Alex
    Attached Files

Comment

Alex

Thanks for the reply
      sukh

Comment

Hi Alex:

In reference to (ema_speed(4b).efs) you helped me with, would it be possible to draw bands around the center of the histogram at a definable range from the zero line? i.e. +/- 0.001 etc or any other definable value to be determined by trial and error.

The idea being to highlight the band within which the slope of the ema is more or less flat and therefore preclude trading within that band range to avoild whipsaw.

Also if that band could optionably be colored it would help

Thanks

PBC

Comment

PBC
          The attached modification of the efs adds two bands at user defined values (defaults are at +2 and -2)
          The color of the bands are also user defined (defaults are blue and red).
          Alex
          Attached Files

Comment

Alex,

You are so darn good at giving us the ability to change variables.

In your last posting, your efs allows changing the location of the upper and lower line and the color but did not all the changing of the lookback.

I combined your two to allow both in one efs.

Thanks for all of your postings.

EZ
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Alex:

Thanks again for your help on this one.
              I works great

PBC

Comment

Working...
              X