X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello jethro87,

Originally posted by jethro87
    Greetings.

With this overlay, you are able to control the line style and thickness. With manually adding multilpe chart symbols, you do not have this option.
    You do have the option to change the type (bar, line or candle) through Edit Studies (Chart Options-->Edit Studies). Select the study you wish to modify from the drop-down box at the top of the Study Properties window. The thickness is tied to the thickness settings for the main chart symbol.

With manually adding symbols, you are able to add only four extra symbols. Is there a limit with the number of EFS overlays that can be added? Not that I would load up a chart, I was just wondering.
    There is a limit of 7 symbols in EFS.

Would someone tell me how to make the StudyTitle the same color of the line? As probtrader did in his attached chart.
    In Edit Studies, if you the select the display override for color, the study title will be set to the selected color.

Also, could you explain how to make the displayed symbol to display left and scale left in the EFS overlay?
    At the bottom of the Study Properties window that opens when you select the Edit Studies option, you will see the display controls at the bottom of that window for each study in the chart (or overlay). Select the options for "Display Left" and "Scale Left."

I did an overlay of $ADD line on a $INDU candlestick chart. Just trying different time frames, I found that 1minute, 3minute, 5minute, ect., displayed fine. The 2minute chart displayed a "loading data" next to the symbol title. It never did load the data.
    Try refreshing the chart by holding down the "Ctrl" key and then click on the green "OK" status label in the cursor window.

Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks for your reply JasonK.

What I meant to say with regard to manually adding multiple chart symbols through Edit Studies (Chart Options--> Edit Studies--> Study Properties--> Chart Type), if you choose "Line/Tick" to display your second symbol, yes you can control the color of the line but you can not control the thickness (1,2,3, ect.) or the style (solid, dash, dot, ect.)

As to the "loading data" issue, I failed to state that this was when the market was closed.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hello jethro87,

In the Study Properties window to the right of the color override, you do have some choices for thickness and style. Give those a try.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

sysoverlay2.efs

how do i get sysoverlay2. EFS to work

Comment

how to get it to load

Originally posted by eSignal_JasonK
            Hello jethro87,

You do have the option to change the type (bar, line or candle) through Edit Studies (Chart Options-->Edit Studies). Select the study you wish to modify from the drop-down box at the top of the Study Properties window. The thickness is tied to the thickness settings for the main chart symbol.

There is a limit of 7 symbols in EFS.

In Edit Studies, if you the select the display override for color, the study title will be set to the selected color.

At the bottom of the Study Properties window that opens when you select the Edit Studies option, you will see the display controls at the bottom of that window for each study in the chart (or overlay). Select the options for "Display Left" and "Scale Left."

Try refreshing the chart by holding down the "Ctrl" key and then click on the green "OK" status label in the cursor window.

Comment

Working...
            X