Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibility of a ZigZag Channel?

Hello,
    I'm trying to establish upper & lower channel lines for the ZigZag study(ZigZag.efs)with the ZigZag as the basis. You folks have very graciously taught me how to do channels,ie. T3, but those rules don't seem to apply for ZigZag. Can it be done? Many thanks.
    Diane

Diane
    Assuming I understood what you are trying to accomplish here is what you would need to do.
    The commands that draw the swing lines are defined in lines 304-305, 333-334 and 344-345.
    If we take for example the drawLineRelative command in line 304-305 ie

you would need to add the following to draw an upper and lower channel for that line

Replace the myValue variable with the value which needs to be added/subtracted to the center line to form a channel.
    Notice also that I have added another tagName to the last parameter ie "a" in the first drawLineRelative and "b" in the second.
    At this point you can repeat the same process for the drawLineRelative commands in lines 333-334 and 344-345.
    For the tagNames of those commands continue with the same lettering scheme so "c" then "d", etc.
    Lastly you also need to add two removeLine() commands after line 347 which in the original script looks like the following

These will be as follows

Notice that I have used the tagNames "e" and "f" because those are the letters for the tagNames of the last two drawLineRelative commands that you will have added.
    Once you have made all these changes you should get a channel as shown in the image enclosed below
    If you encounter any problems post the script as you have modified it and I or someone else can guide you through fixing it
    Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,
      Wow! That was exactly what I was looking for! It works perfectly! Thank you, so much, for your excellent instructions & ,again, for your time & help!
      Diane

Comment

Working...
      X