X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bid/Ask Volume study modifications

I have had very good results using the bid/ask volume study found here:

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...&threadid=3076

The problem is that when trading highly volatile low float stocks, most trades are inbetween the bid/ask; which are represented by the black line in the study.

I would like the following modifications:

1. If the trade happens inside the bid/ask price, then display it as ask if it's closer to the ask price, or display it as a bid if closer to the bid price. If it falls in right in the middle, then make it black.

2. Apply the same as #1 above to trades outside of the bid/ask price. If higher than ask, then display as ask. If below bid, display as a bid.

I'm a beginner to efs and can't write Java. However, I am computer literate and may be able to figure it out if I buy a Java book. Is what I'm asking very difficult to do? Can anyone point me to the right direction?

If anyone can help with the above, I'm forever indebted to you!

Hello ITHam2002,

To begin learning JavaScript and EFS, please start with the following resources.

JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Tutorial Series

To accomplish the task you've described you would simply create a new variable, nCenter, that is assigned to the midpoint of the current bid and ask values, nBid and nAsk. Then modify the conditions to compare the close variable, vClose, to the nCenter value as follows.

Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Jason, thank you so much! The code you included is exactly what I needed to learn. I've been playing with the Bid/Ask EFS code and I think I can work your code into it.

This is gonna keep me busy :-)

Thanks again,

IT-Ham

Comment

You're most welcome.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary