No announcement yet.

Help To Build EFS Trendline Break Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be a challenge... As if you do a search about this similar topic you will find users, have asked about this in the past, IE if you draw a TL on say a higher Time Frame, and then drill down to a lower time frame, your indicator, would have to look for the high, low and then re-draw the TL.. That would / could be a hard process to do this..

It would be a great feature, but it would be a challenge in my mind, and it might take the script a long time to load, as if you had to say search for the high/low within a very small time period...Say from a 60 minute to a 3 or 1 minute chart...

Comment

Trend Line Break Alert

Hello Steve,

I am trying to use the TLB Alert efs you were kind enough to share.
      I get the 1st and 2nd red dots on double clicks but I can't get the red trend line to show.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by stevehare2003
      Hi cv989,

The efs as written was only intended to reproduce a drawn line with alerts on the original timeframe. Since the lines can slope up or down, modifying it for what you are requesting would not be a trivial exercise. I am not sure if the different functionality would be an improvement over saving unique Alert lines for each timeframe.

There are a number of variables that would have to be considered and accounted for to re-code the efs to draw lines that originated from different time frames. For example, would the plotted line based on a price change per day (as defined by the time-template where it had originated) then reproduced in a different time frame where the day is defined differently. Or would the line be based on other characteristics (the open market hours, an hour, or minute, or second number of bars, etc...) of the originating chart. Alternatively, if the originating (or subsequent) chart time template included pre and aftermarket hours, or weekends, etc, that would have to be accounted for as well.

Based on those considerations, coming up with a set of all encompassing rules and coding them would be a challenge.

I'm not sure if a rewrite of this efs will get you what you would like, but the concept is interesting.

Steve
      OpaBert

Comment

Re: alert efs

Hi dwayne,

It has been awhile, so I opened the efs and read the instructions I placed in a comment block at the beginning of the efs.

Try this:

* Instructions
        - Select two points on screen to draw trendline through by double clicking screen at those locations
        Action Dots will appear at those points
        - The Action Dots can be moved by simply double clicking another point on the screen
        The closest Action Dot will move to the new location
        If a trendline was drawn, it will be removed if an Action Dot is moved
        - Left click the Draw button and a Trend Line will be drawn
        If drawn above the current price, the line will alarm when price goes above the default green line
        If drawn below the current price, the line will alarm when price goes below the default red line
        If a line has been exceeded, pressing the Draw button will reactivate the trend line alarm based on the two previous rules

After you select the two points for the drawn line, just click the draw button to draw the trend line.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Originally posted by dplstocks123
        Steve,

i downloaded your "trendline alert 9/18/2005 efs" and it is indeed showing up on my chart. thanks.

question...do i still draw the trendline with the pencil drawing tool esignal provides? and how do i activate the alert?

thanks.

dwayne

Comment

Hi again Steve,

I must be missing something.
          "just click the draw button to draw the trend line."

It must be so obvious that if it were a snake it would bite me but I can't seem to find the "draw button" to draw the trend line.

I'm using eSignal version 10.61879.95 (2/22.2010) Build 7.

I think the Draw Button is the icon that looks like a pencil and says Line when moused over. Is that correct?

When I click it NOTHING happens.

Should I be clicking something else?

Sorry for my confusion, thanks for the help.
          OpaBert

Comment

hi dwayne,

check the screenshot at this link at the lower left corner if things are working ok.

Originally posted by OpaBert
            Hi again Steve,

I must be missing something.
            "just click the draw button to draw the trend line."

It must be so obvious that if it were a snake it would bite me but I can't seem to find the "draw button" to draw the trend line.

I'm using eSignal version 10.61879.95 (2/22.2010) Build 7.

I think the Draw Button is the icon that looks like a pencil and says Line when moused over. Is that correct?

When I click it NOTHING happens.

Should I be clicking something else?

Sorry for my confusion, thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
            X