This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACD Pivot Range

I dont know if anyone is familiar with ACD Methodology by Mark Fisher, but i would like to know how to create the formula for the Pivot Range.

Here's the formula as follows:

XYZ STOCK 1-1-00

HIGH= 34.25
    LOW= 32.50
    CLOSE= 33.88

{34.25+32.50+33.88} / 3 = 33.54
    {34.25+32.50} / 2 = 33.37

33.54 - 33.37 = 0.17

33.54 - 0.17 = 33.37
    33.54 + 0.17 = 33.71

33.37 and 33.71 are the Pivot Ranges for the following day
    on 1-2-00

if anyone can help with the construction of this formula into the EFS Wizard, it would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you,

bruno

Chris
    I think the attached does what you asked.
    The efs is nothing else but a modification of the PivotPoint.efs that is in the Pivots subfolder of Formulas.
    Alex

Attached Files

Comment

ACD

hi there again, im frustrated now, im trying to put it in the formula folder but dont know how. the formula is in front of me, i press "save as" and it's somewhere. im very frustrated. What to do step by step. I guess when i download from your e-mail i opened it instead of saving it. is that the problem. Also, it's in my layout, is there anything i should do with it there?

Again thanx,

bruno

Comment

Bruno
        Just close the open formula you have in the Layout and don't save it.
        Then click again on the link to the formula that is in my message in this thread.
        When given a choice to Open or Save select Save and save it in any one of the subfolders of the Formulas folder in eSignal. Then to load it in the chart follow the instructions that I posted in my reply to the other thread you created.
        Alex

Comment

FINALLY

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP! GREATLY APPRECIATED. ONE MORE THING, DO YOU HAVE THE FORMULA FOR THE "ROLLING PIVOT RANGE"? IT'S BASICALLY THE SAME AS THE PIVOT RANGE BUT CALCULATES THE HIGH, LOW, AND CLOSE FOR THE PAST 3 DAYS.

AGAIN THANX

BRUNO

Comment

Bruno
            I think I have it somewhere but I am not positive. If I find it I will post it here.
            Alex

Comment

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!

Comment

?

I suppose you dont have the 3 day rolling pivots!?

Comment

Bruno
                  The attached efs will plot the standard Pivots (R2, R1, PP, S1, S2) based on a user definable n-day range. Before running it please read the IMPORTANT NOTE at the end of this message
                  The default is set for 1 day so when the efs is first launched here below is an example of how it will appear. The plotted lines are for the standard 1 day Pivots

You can then modify the number of days used through Edit Studies.
                  In the following image the Pivot calculation is now set to include 3 days

With this efs and the one for the ACD pivot range you now have available to you all the tools to calculate yourself the ACD Pivots on a rolling basis. The calculations for the pivots can be found at the end of the script and are clearly identifiable.
                  Alex

IMPORTANT NOTE: This EFS requires that you have getPrevDaysOHLC.efs in the OHLC subfolder of Formulas
                  If you do not have it you can find a copy here
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by ACM; 10-08-2003, 08:39 AM.

Comment

ACD

FIRST OF ALL, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP! QUESTION,
                    DOES THE ROLLING PIVOT FILE YOU POST CALCULATE "OHLC" OR "HLC"? ALSO, I THOUGHT THE ROLLING PIVOTS WOULD PLOT OUT LIKE THE PIVOT RANGE. I'M CONFUSED WITH THE VARIOUS RANGES ABOVE AND BELOW THE BLACK LINE. HOW DO I INTERPRET THEM. I THOUGHT IT WOULD LOOK MORE LIKE THE PIVOT RANGE, CALCULATING THE PREVIOUS HIGH, LOW AND CLOSE; THEREFORE, I SHOULD HAVE A 2 LINE RANGE. I DONT KNOW. ACTUALLY, ACCORDING TO THE BOOK I READ ABOUT THE ROLLING PIVOT, IT DOESNT INTERPRET THE WAY YOU GAVE ME. COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME THE DIFFERENCE OR MAYBE I NEED TO ADJUST SOMETHING.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH AGAIN!

BRUNO

Comment

ACD

ONE MORE THING, I WENT THROUGH THE BOOK, IT'S A "3 DAY ROLLING PIVOT RANGE" AS OPPOSE TO JUST A "3 DAY ROLLING PIVOT".

THANKS AGAIN

Comment

Bruno
                        The efs calculates the standard Pivots, or floor traders pivots however you want to call them, with the Pivot Point based on HLC/3.
                        The plotted lines are for PP (black), R1 and R2 (blue), S1 and S2 (red).
                        The difference between this efs and the PivotPointAll.efs that is already in your Pivots subfolder of Formulas is that with this one you can also base the calculation of the Pivots across more than one day.
                        To turn this efs into a rolling ACD pivot range (or any other study that uses the High, Low and Close of one or more days) you will need to modify the calculation of the pivots which are contained in a clearly marked section of the efs. An example of the calculations necessary for the ACD pivot range is available in the pivotrange-ACD.efs I posted earlier.
                        Alex
                        Last edited by ACM; 10-08-2003, 12:09 PM.

Comment

ACD

YOU SAID I CAN MODIFY THE CALCULATION BUT HOW OR WHERE DO I HAVE TO DO THAT? DO I MODIFY IT FROM THE PIVOT RANGE FILE YOU GAVE ME DAYS BEFORE OR ...I'M CONFUSED AND LOST. I'M SORRY, CAN YOU HAND HOLD ME THROUGH THIS?

Comment

Bruno
                            The attached efs should do what you want.
                            Alex

PS. FYI typing all in upper case is viewed by some as "shouting"
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by ACM; 10-08-2003, 03:41 PM.

Comment

acd

first of all, i'm sorry for typing with caps, it just looks clear and clean to me. anyhow, finally, thank you very much. it's exactly what im looking for! thanks for your time and patients, it's greatly appreciated.

big thanx,

bruno

Comment

Working...
                              X