NEED HELP! MA of TRIX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP! MA of TRIX

I already posted this before, but I really need help. I spent the whole day trying to figure out how to do this, but I still have no friggin clue. I attached the efs file of the TRIX indicator (outta the TSSupport group). What I´m looking for is a moving average of TRIX, plotted in the same subgraph, that it is possible to set an alert when TRIX crosses over the MA.
    Please help me out, I dont know how I can get this done!!!!

Regards,

Kev
    Attached Files

Kev
    I think the attached does what you asked.
    The default setting for the MA length is 5 but you can change it through Edit Studies.
    Alex

Attached Files

Comment

Great!

That´s exactly what I am looking for! Thank you so much!
      Awesome!

Best regards,

Kev

Comment

Dear Alex,

When I modify the TRIX study parameters of the maotrix.efs via Edit Studies, the following error appears concerning Line 58 (see gif file below). Could you please effect a fix?

Additionally, could you further modify this script so that little yellow arrows appear at the crossover points, just exactly as in the attached MACD efs study (see next post)?

I know you taught me how to do this in a previous thread (ID #4197), and I've tried. But I got nowhere (programming-challenged).

Many thanks,

jrbarr
        Attached Files

Comment

Alex,

Here's the efs study with yellow arrows at crossover points.

jrbarr
          Attached Files

Comment

jrbarr
            What parameter are you changing and what are you typing in the parameter box?
            Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

I should qualify the trigger for the error message, which, so far, only and always appears when I enter Bar Reply Mode. As I discovered this thread on a weekend, the markets are closed and I haven't tested it in real-time.

That said, the parameter fields I alter are either nLength for TRIX or MALength for the MA, or a combination thereof. It doesn't matter what value I type in -- 2 or 20 or any value for either or for both of the parameter fields.

Outside of Bar Replay Mode, it seems to be stable.

jrbarr

Comment

jrbarr
                That will happen if you go back with Bar Replay because there are no stored values for the MA to build on. The simplest solution that requires no coding changes is to Reload the efs after you jumped back and from that point going forward it should work again without any problems.
                Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex -- I did as you said and the problem was resolved.

May I again ask you to modify this script so that little yellow arrows appear at the crossover points, as discussed in my posts below?

Gratefully,

jrbarr

Comment

jrbarr
                    At this time I am busy with some other projects of mine. If and when I have some time I will try to look into it.
                    Alex

Comment

That's fine, Alex.

I did attempt this myself, but without success.

Alternatively, as you are squeezed for time, perhaps you might refer this thread to another capable programmer at eSignal, who could add yellow arrows at crossover points in the maoftrix.efs study, per the protocol established in the MACD efs study referenced in my earlier post below.

Thanks in advance,

jrbarr

Comment

jrbarr
                        The attached revision should do what you asked.
                        For your information I am not an employee of eSignal and while most of the time I and other users will try to help you out, if you need personal or immediate programming assistance I would suggest that you look at the guidelines set by eSignal in this message.
                        Alex

Attached Files

Comment

Alex -- Thank you for your reply.

I've been testing this script (maoftrix(2).efs) this past week in realtime and, unfortunately, it frequently produces the arrows not at the crossover point, but on the bar after the crossover point, which clearly can be seen in your posted graphic. Sometimes, however, it will produce the arrow at the crossover point -- it is random and haphazard, and I cannot pinpoint a consistent pattern.

If a fix could be effected, at your leisure, in due course of time, it would be appreciated.

jrbarr

P.S. I should point out that the modified efs scripts that you produced for me (see thread #4197) on 6 October (basicmax2(alerts)-2.efs) and 22 October (macdcolorhist2(2).efs), respectively, each suffer from the same problem -- the arrows are often produced in realtime on the bar after the crossover point. I did not call this to your attention at the time because of my disinclination for potential back-and-forth beta testing.

Comment

jrbarr
                            Just change the x coordinate in drawShapeRelative from -1 which is probably where it is set now to -2
                            The same applies to the other scripts
                            Alex

Comment

Alex, this now works P-E-R-F-E-C-T-L-Y.

Thanks again,

jrbarr

Comment

Working...
                              X