• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACD and Momentum as price study

I would like to have

- MACD
    - Momentum

as a price study, I mean on the bar's display and not as non price study below the bar's display.

Reason: I can have the bar with BB and MA much bigger on the display with additionally MACD & Momentun in it.

Is this possible to make this two studies?

Daniel

Daniel
    If you are running version 7.5 load the studies as indicators then overlay them to the price window.
    To overlay the studies click and drag them while keeping the <Shift> key pressed.
    Alex

Comment

Great, thanks, exactly what I need.

Daniel

Comment

Hi Daniel,

As easy as it is to add study overlays to the chart window, they can also be removed using the "Unmerge Studies" feature by right-clicking within the chart window.

Comment

Moving Indicators

Hi,

Although a study can be merged on a price chart, one thing that I have noticed is that the merged study's lines move when the chart (prices) moves. Also if one scrolls the chart the study lines get all over the place. Is there a way to avoid this? The merged study lines should stay like a price study, for example, a moving average.

Sesh

Comment

The dynamic nature of study overlay is partly affected by the auto-scaling feature. With the auto-scaling feature turned on, the charts are constantly re-drawing and re-calculating any studies that have been overlaid on the price data. You may want to try to edit the study scaling. Here is a before scaling and after study scaling image to give you an idea. As you can see, the stochastic study now has a scaling axis on the left hand side of the chart that allows for independent adjustment in relation to the chart.

The scaling menu above the images is accessed by the following protocol. Right click on a chart window--->"Edit Studies"----->and choose the stochastic study from the pull down menu at the top of the edit screen.

Last edited by DuaneG; 01-30-2004, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X