EFS feature request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS feature request

Due to the issues of resource usage even with the getMinute() and getHour() functions, much less the older getValue("time") functions I think it would be great if we have a method to tell the EFS engine itself to alert us when a specific time was hit.

eg:

SetAlertOnTime(hh:mm, function to call);

so:

SetAlertOnTime(13:10, fAtEOD());

Would call our fAtEOD() function (End Of Day function) each and everytime it was 1:30pm (but only on the first tick for that time).

Similarly:

SetAlertOnTime(6:30, fAtSOD());

Would call our fAtSOD function (Start Of Day) function eachand every time it was 6:30am (or the first tick after 6:30 if there was no 6:30 tick).

I'm assuming of course that the issue related to EFS date object creation will not be an issue for the engine itself...

Thanks!

Garth
    Garth

Hello Garth,

Great suggestion. I've submitted this request to the development team. You may also want to submit your request to [email protected].
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

This is a new feature request I believe. What I am looking for is a cross between the functions drawTextRelative() and drawTextPixel().

What I want is to be able to stick some labels at a fixed height in the price pane similar to what you can do with drawTextPixel(), yet I want the label to stick with the associated bar similar to drawTextRelative().

Now if I wanted to stick it in the non-price pane it would behave similarly, kind of, however, the efs I want it in is already writing in the price pane, and I do not want to write a seperate redundant efs.

I went ahead and submitted this to [email protected]. If anyone knows how to do this already, pls advise.

TIA,

Comment

Looks like the feature already exists, someone sent me this note "Can't you already do that with drawTextRelative using a fixed value for the y-axis with a Text.RELATIVETOBOTTOM (or Text.RELATIVETOTOP) flag and the relative bar index for the x-axis?"

Subsequently we put together this efs that demonstrates what I was doing and then what I wanted to do using Text.RELATIVETOBOTTOM

PHP Code:
        var barcount 0;
        var 
        init false;
        var 
        testarray = new Array(-5,-10,-15,-20,-25);
        var 
        colorarray = new Array(Color.red,Color.blue,Color.green,Color.black,Color.brown);

function 
        preMain(){

setPriceStudy(true);

setShowTitleParameters(false);

setStudyTitle("Vert lines");

setShowCursorLabel(false);

}
        function 
        main(){

if (
        getBarState() == BARSTATE_ALLBARS) {//true once during initial load and subsequent reload

barcount 0;
            }

//if (getCurrentBarIndex() < -2 )return;

if (getBarState() == BARSTATE_NEWBAR) {     

}
            if (
        getCurrentBarIndex() == && init == false ){

init true;
                var 
        i;

//DONE THE WAY I ORIGINALLY HAD IT

for (i=0;i<testarray.length;i++){

addLineTool(LineTool.VERTtestarray[i], 3colorarray[i], "vert"+i);

drawTextRelative(testarray[i], low(testarray[i])-1.5icolorarray[i], null,Text.CENTER|Text.VCENTER|Text.FRAME"Comic Sans MS"13,  "vert1"+i);

drawTextRelative(testarray[i], low(testarray[i])-1.75close(testarray[i]), colorarray[i], null,Text.CENTER|Text.VCENTER|Text.FRAME"Comic Sans MS"13,  "vert2"+i);

drawTextRelative(testarray[i], low(testarray[i])-2timec(testarray[i]), colorarray[i], null,Text.CENTER|Text.VCENTER|Text.FRAME"Comic Sans MS"13,  "vert3"+i);
                }

// DONE THE WAY I WANTED

var nPixHeight getTextHeight"A""Comic Sans MS"13);
                for (
        i=0;i<testarray.length;i++){

//addLineTool(LineTool.VERT, testarray[i], 3, colorarray[i], "vert"+i);

drawTextRelative(testarray[i], 20+nPixHeight*2icolorarray[i], null,Text.RELATIVETOBOTTOM|Text.CENTER|Text.VCENTER|Text.FRAME"Comic Sans MS"13,  "vert01"+i);

drawTextRelative(testarray[i], 20+nPixHeightclose(testarray[i]), colorarray[i], null,Text.RELATIVETOBOTTOM|Text.CENTER|Text.VCENTER|Text.FRAME"Comic Sans MS"13,  "vert02"+i);

drawTextRelative(testarray[i], 20timec(testarray[i]), colorarray[i], null,Text.RELATIVETOBOTTOM|Text.CENTER|Text.VCENTER|Text.FRAME"Comic Sans MS"13,  "vert03"+i);
                }
            }

//put stuff u want implemented every tick in here

//
        }

function 
        timec(n){// bar time

ntime = (getHour(n)+":"+getMinute(n)+":"+getSecond(n));
            return 
        ntime;

Comment

Working...