X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jbfox,

Yes, that was the one I was running ==>> from this post

Comment

I know this is working for you guys and I also can get it to work for me when I change the timeframe but it is still not working with these settings.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello jbfox,

The fact that your Alert List (I assume audible alerts as well) is receiving alerts generated by the EFS leads me to believe that you are expecting to see the Alert List get populated with historical crosses after changing the chart interval. This will not happen. The Alert list and audible alerts will only trigger in real time mode on the 0 bar. After initially loading the formula on the chart, there will not be any alerts triggered. While in streaming mode, as a cross occurs in real time on the 0 bar is the only time the alerts will be triggered. Does this identify the problem for you?
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thank you for the response Jason. I assure you I do not expect the Alert List to get populated with historical crosses after changing the chart interval. These crosses were all after I had tested different time intervals.

I will make no changes to the charts whatsoever and do another screen capture after the MAs cross again - whenever that should happen.

Comment

Hello jbfox,

Let's try a simple test to isolate all possible variables. Open a blank page or layout and open a new Advanced Chart set to $ADD on a 24-hour time template and a 1-minute interval. Clear your Alert List and then apply the attached test formula and let it run for several minutes. Let us know what you see (and hear).
            Attached Files
            Jason K.
            Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
            EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Jason as you can see this alert will only trigger when I have the window active. The gaps show when it was not active.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello jbfox,

The study should still produce alerts whether the chart is the active chart or not. You should even be able to minimize the chart and still get alerts. Did you open a blank page or layout with only one chart? Please describe the process you are going through to make the chart not active. Also, what is the current build number you are using (Help-->About)?

As you can see in this image below, the $ADD chart is not the active window (gray title bar) and is producing alerts properly on my end.
                Jason K.
                Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
                EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

I opened a new page then a new ADvanced Chart. Loaded the symbol $add at a 1 minute interval then loaded the alert file you gave me in your previous post. As you can see I have blanks in the alerts when it is not active. Not active is when I go to another page or layout.

I am using Build 8 (688).

Come to think of it I need this alert to be global.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello jbfox,

Now I understand the problem. The page or layout that contains the chart must be active. If you close that page or layout there will not be any real time data going to that chart. That's why you're not getting the alerts as you were expecting.
                    Jason K.
                    Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
                    EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
                    X