Database Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database Connection

I am currently connecting to mySQL database via the excel dde functions but is there a way to connect directly to the database?

Can I use the standard Java DB Connections in my code or is there something better?

Hello jnorton,

That functionality does not currently exist in EFS. Feel free to send a suggestion to our development team at [email protected].
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

How is the connection made using the Excel DDE Function?

jnorton - Can you tell me how you are doing this, I want to do something similar at home, I would love to hear how you did this?

Thanks a million,

Thomas

Comment

Database Connection

What I did is really awkword but it works great. I used the DDE link to excel. From there I wrote a macro that saves the data as a txt file. Being a linux guy I then wrote a crontab job that takes the txt file and uploads the data into a MySql Database.

I know I could have done the same thing using ODBC instead of the txt file but txt is more reliable and it also gives me an archive if I need to rebuild the dataset.

If you need more help feel free to write back

Comment

what about through ODBC?

I know there is a way of doing this through an ODBC connection directly, but I wish I knew how they had it configured. What I am looking to do is to build out an admin function for my efs that I can control through a graphical interface (http). The GUI would read the values from the DB, and so would the EFS on every certain cycle.

I guess I can do the same thing through flat file control as well. I am kind of into Linux myself. I have some questions for you, I am going to take this offline and private message you.

Thanks for your help . . .

Thomas.

Comment

Working...
          X