Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swinghigh-low

Several posts below there is a reference to:
    "swinghighlow-pivot2R2.efs" This excellent efs loads down the CPU severely. Can anyone add an option to limit the number of drawing objects to some user choice from 5 to 300 ??
    If not a user option, then a variable in the script.
    Regards, Venture

Comment

changing the current trend line weight

I would like to make a change to td points blm2.efs - I want the most recent high and the most recent low trend lines in a heavier weight and the all the previous trend lines drawn in a lighter weight.
      My approach was to try to redraw the older lines, but I'm not sure how to get it accomplished. Any assistance with the code to accomplish this would be very much appreciated.

Thx, Don
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Don,

What I would do is create some global variables (or arrays) that stores the tag names and parameters for the most recent lines that were drawn. Then just before you draw a new line, use the global info to just redraw the last set of lines with a lower thickness value using the same tag names. Then increment your tag name counter and draw the new lines with the thicker line setting. Hope this helps.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Here you go...

Don/Jason,

You guys had the right idea. I just created a REDRAW function that is called with each new line. This REDRAW function is dynamic so that is looks backward to find previous lines and draws them where needed..

Check it out..

B
          Attached Files
          Brad Matheny
          eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

New update...

As requested by Don. This code redraws the lines with reduced thickness (for older lines) and keeps the current line THICK..

This is a great example of dynamically pulling/using data in an array.

B
            Attached Files
            Brad Matheny

Comment

Brad,
              Thank you very much for the code that redraws the lines with reduced thickness (for older lines) and keeps the current line THICK..

I have used it already and now I'm combing through it to understand your code implementation

Don

Comment

No problem..

Like I said earlier - it was a fun exercise in coding..

B
                Brad Matheny

Comment

Working...
                X