Using CCI with inv()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using CCI with inv()

Does anyone knows how to use built-in study function "cci" with parameters inv() set to 10min and source to "HLC/3" to generate multiple time frame study. It seems to work when source is set to "close()" but doesn't respond to "HLC/3". The old build-in study "CCIStudy" used to work with "HLC/3" but wouldn't generate multiple time study. The new one works with inv() but doesn't take "HLC/3"!

cci( length [, source | sym() | inv()] [, barIndex] )

CCIStudy(Length, PriceSource)

morattab
    HLC/3 is the EFS1 syntax. In EFS2 it is hlc3() hence the CCI function will be cci(length,hlc3(inv(interval))).
    You can find the syntax for this and other series in the Formula Editor's Help (under Series Functions)
    Alex

Comment

Alexis, thank you for your help. I'll try it.

Comment

cci6 133t on 1 min chart issue

Will

vCCI6_of_HLC3 = cci( 6, hlc3(), inv("133V") );

be able to plot the 133V 6cci on a 1 min chart?

The values I see seem to be out of sych a little, in other words the cci6 on the 1 min is different from the 133v, when compared side by side.

I must be missing something.

Comment

Hi Dave,

FWIW, the EFS2 Toolbox helps with the format (at least for me).

cci(6, hlc3(inv("133V")))

Regards,

Comment

morattab,

I went ahead and made screenshots of how to come up with the cci formula using the EFS2 Toolbox.

The screenshot below shows you how to access the EFS2 Toolbox in the EFS editor. You can see that you can access all the EFS (and EFS2) commands and functions, in addition to Function Libraries. I hope this is of some help.

Comment

Working...
            X