No announcement yet.

wrong EMA display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hv read that article before. Actually I would like to know how the burden will be like if same EMAs are plotted repeatedly on different charts.

So if I open 5 charts in just *one* eSignal, and each will show same set of 3 EMAs on it.... Will there be a great burden on the system resources since there are now 15EMAs? Or will the extra burden be minimal since there are actually just 3EMAs even though they are plotted repeatedly on different charts??

Will the answer be different if the charts are opened in 2 different instances of eSignal??

thx

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
    Richard
    With regards to running multiple instances of eSignal see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Comment

any advice?

I understand that openning 2 instances of eSignal is not encouraged but my real quesiton here is how plotting same EMAs in different charts of different timeframes will put a burden on the CPU and memory.

Comment

Hello Richard,

The main factor that determines the CPU and memory requirements has more to do with the amount of data being loaded to the chart based on your time template settings. The type of interval would also be a significant factor (i.e. tick vs. minute). Having 15 EMAs on a couple different charts should not be a problem in general. For each additional EMA (or other study) that is added to your layout there will some increase in CPU and memory usage. The amount is not specifically measurable to the best of my knowledge. Its depends on the specs of the machine in question to determine a percent increase.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

So if I hv 2 pages:
          i) one only has 100bars for each chart
          ii) one has 1000bars for each chart

I understand that ii) will take more system resources upon first loading since more values hv to be calculated. But will ii) still take more resources for update?? I mean, eventually if both charts use the same EFS... and the EFS will use, say, close of the last 20bars in both charts. Then both charts should use the same amt of CPU/memory for each tick of update, right?

Judging from the msg in the forum, the answer seems to be NO.... contrary to what I reason above. But then I don't really understand why. Can you explain? thx.

Comment

Hello Richard,

The amount of resources to process a real time update would probably be the same for both i and ii.

The amount of resources during the initialization (loading) process would be much higher for item ii.
            Jason K.
            Project Manager
            eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
            JavaScript for EFS Video Series
            EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
            EFS Glossary
            Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
            X