Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Prices Have a Text.FRAME in Black

Hello,
    Coincidental with downloading 8.0, whenever I do a formatPriceNumber on my charts, regardless of the study, all the prices automatically have a black frame. Since I never use a frame in my formats, I'm curious as to why this is happening. Can you help, please? Thank You.
    Diane
    Last edited by Diane P; 05-27-2006, 01:20 PM.

Diane
    I am not seeing a black frame when using formatPriceNumber().
    In the image enclosed below you can see the output of the following script which includes formatPriceNumber().
    PHP Code:
    function preMain(){

setPriceStudy(true)

setShowCursorLabel(false)
    }

function 
    main(){
        var 
    vPrice formatPriceNumber(close(0))

drawTextRelative(2close(0), vPriceColor.bluenullText.VCENTER"Arial"12"test");

If this is not what you are referring to then you may want to post a sample script that illustrates the problem.
    Alex

Originally posted by Diane P
    Hello,
    Coincidental with downloading 8.0, whenever I do a formatPriceNumber on my charts, regardless of the study, all the prices automatically have a black frame. Since I never use a frame in my formats, I'm curious as to why this is happening. Can you help, please? Thank You.
    Diane

Comment

Hi Alex,
      Thank you for your response. I'm sending you one of the studies I use. Hopefully, it will show you what I'm referring to.
      Diane
      Attached Files

Comment

Alex, here's a screen shot.
        Diane
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry. I'll try again.
          Attached Files

Comment

Diane
            The black frame is not related to formatPriceNumber() or version 8.0. In fact it displays also in version 7.9.1 and/or when formatPriceNumber() is removed.
            The black frame is instead caused by an incorrect use of the parameters in the drawTextRelative() function in lines 301 and 302. For example line 302 is
            PHP Code:
            drawTextRelative(x1by1bformatPriceNumber(y1b), Color.redText.CENTERnull"Arial"16cntr); 
            whereas it should be
            PHP Code:
            drawTextRelative(x1by1bformatPriceNumber(y1b), Color.rednullText.CENTER"Arial"16cntr); 
            Notice the position of null is different and is now assigned to the background color parameter
            Alex

Comment

Thanks so much, Alex. I have made the correction in all my studies. I knew it had to be "operator error". It's amazing how one little detail can make such a difference. You are, indeed, a SUPER MODERATOR. Have a great day!
              Diane

Comment

Diane
                Thank you for the compliment and you are most welcome.
                You too have a great day
                Alex

Comment

Working...
                X