Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feed/connection monitor

Hello,

Is there a study which alerts user when the feed is not updated [no new ticks/ no change in bid/ask] for [user defined] period of time???

The point of all alerts allow user to not stare at the monitor all the time. THIS ALERT is a base alert if feed is not updated all other alerts will fail to fire on time.

Any info or effort here, would be appreciated. Thanks!

dimitryg1
    You may want to see the reply to a similar question posted in this thread
    Alex

Comment

Yes, that thread points out the problem. Solution is pretty simple and can be done with custom EFS. This will be posted in both threads...

I am not that good with EFS code, but I do have experience in software development.
      This feature can be implemented via EFS in following steps:
      1) take snapashot#1 of ticker (last price/bid/ask)
      2) start timer using local computers clock
      3) keep taking snapshots and storing them in snapshot#2
      4) when timer fires, compare snapshot#1 with snapshot #2
      5) if they are different - good, start over
      6) if they are the same - produce alert
      7) start over; if things restore to a good state, stop alert

Comment

Originally posted by dimitryg1
        Yes, that thread points out the problem. Solution is pretty simple and can be done with custom EFS. This will be posted in both threads...

I am not that good with EFS code, but I do have experience in software development.
        This feature can be implemented via EFS in following steps:
        1) take snapashot#1 of ticker (last price/bid/ask)
        2) start timer using local computers clock
        3) keep taking snapshots and storing them in snapshot#2
        4) when timer fires, compare snapshot#1 with snapshot #2
        5) if they are different - good, start over
        6) if they are the same - produce alert
        7) start over; if things restore to a good state, stop alert
        Dimitryg1,

FWIW I've been using eSignal everyday, all day for over 3 years and I never recall any outage.

If there were even a complicated solution possible within EFS I can assure you Alex or Jason, or someone would have written one.

The issue I believe is as an event driven program any EFS relies on a tick to arrive in order to gain control and execute.

You could write somethng outside of EFS that reads from an external file populated by a running EFS, detecting somehow that the data feed has terminated.

You could also issue some type of "heartbeat" alerts periodically when the feed it active,perhaps a sound of some kind, and when the heartbeat stops it would indicate the feed has dropped.
        Glen Demarco
        [email protected]

Comment

Working...
        X