Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use drawTextAbsoulte to draw buttons with functions attached to them.
    For other texts that are not buttons I am using drawTextPixel to get around the problem.
    What would you suggest for drawing buttons to work around this?
    Thanks.

ziggy

Comment

Why don't you just use drawTextPixel() to draw all labels and buttons?

Originally posted by z11
      I use drawTextAbsoulte to draw buttons with functions attached to them.
      For other texts that are not buttons I am using drawTextPixel to get around the problem.
      What would you suggest for drawing buttons to work around this?
      Thanks.

ziggy

Comment

but drawTextPixel does not support the @URL option which is needed to call functions...
        also it does not have button as an option.

Am I missing something there?

ziggy

Comment

ziggy
          The reason why I asked you to post a screenshot of a daily chart was to verify the date of the new daily bar.
          This is because if the date was 11/4 then you should have had that bar's High and Low on the intraday chart. If however the date was 11/5 then you would not have had that bar's High and Low on the intraday chart because the time stamp of the daily bar is 00:00 which at the time you were reporting the problem had not occurred yet. In the latter case the High and Low lines would still have been those of 11/2 to maintain the correct synchronization between intervals
          For future reference I would suggest that when you post about an issue you also provide all the necessary details (including complete working scripts) and screenshots to illustrate the problem so as to allow other users or eSignal support representatives who are trying to assist you to replicate as closely as possible your conditions.
          Alex

Originally posted by z11
          just to followup on this "bug", or at least an anormaly:

as the time passed over midnight to November 5, this particular efs started to work fine - current day's high and low started to show correct value for all symbols.

the bad news is, a number of other EFSs stopped working .... showing loading data... in their panes...

Now I have to go through them one by one to see what is happening...they all involve external symbols and efsInternal and efsExternal usages.

ziggy

Comment

Thanks for the advise Alex ...duly noted.
            (just to confirm, there was a bar on daily chart dated 11/4 and after midnight after I log off and log back in to eSignal the last daily bar became 11/5 with correct hi/lo carried over from 11/4...I actually also posted a working script that was having the problem I was having.)

In the meantime, don't know if you'd have any suggestion for work-arounds for the drawTextAbsolute with functional buttons problem I am facing.

Thanks again.

ziggy

Comment

ziggy
              I believe Clearpicks already suggested a workaround and that is to use drawTextPixel().
              As far as I know drawTextPixel() supports both the button type and the @URL call.
              If you are having problems post your code and someone will try to assist you
              Alex

Originally posted by z11
              Thanks for the advise Alex ...duly noted.
              (just to confirm, there was a bar on daily chart dated 11/4 and after midnight after I log off and log back in to eSignal the last daily bar became 11/5 with correct hi/lo carried over from 11/4...I actually also posted a working script that was having the problem I was having.)

In the meantime, don't know if you'd have any suggestion for work-arounds for the drawTextAbsolute with functional buttons problem I am facing.

Thanks again.

ziggy

Comment

Working...
              X