Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duster, first lets verfify how the input parameters works ...

StartBar

If a number is used then this will be the number of bars back from the last bar on the chart. From this point, the profile will determine the first bar of the day and use this as a starting point.

if a date (mm/dd/yyyy) is used then this date will be used to determine the first bar of the day.

Note: StartBar should go back far enough to include at least one "first bar of the day" (blank will default to 200).

BarsForward

Is the number of bars forward from the starting point (blank will default 10000000).

PriceTick

Is the price interval e.g. miniS&P use 0.25 (default 1).

Composite

Combines several profiles into one and is activated by setting this value to anything other than blank.

The number of subsequent bars included in a Composite can be reduced using BarsForward otherwise it will include all bars after StartBar (blnak will default 10000000).

Note: values of 1,2,3,4 do not have any specific effect, all that is detected is that the value is not blank.
    Paul Williams
    Strategy & Applications
    www.futurenets.co.uk

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Paul.

Appreciate your help. Look forward to using the Market Profile script.

Duster

Comment

Paul,

I like to say that the composite is pretty slick especially since this is the only way to get it in eSignal.

But trying to trade it, I have it set for 07/01/2003, a months data and have to keep scrolling back for every major move. Today had several nice moves. Is it possible to make it the graph print from right to left at the price scale on the right or print so that the you don't have to keep scrolling back 30 days to see where the dents and bulges are (ie key levels).

Thanks,
        Duster

Comment

Duster

I think an bar offset would help? leave this with me.
          Paul Williams
          Strategy & Applications
          www.futurenets.co.uk

Comment

MarketProfile_v1.23.efs - thankyou Duster for your offset suggestion

a free copy of MarketProfile for eSignal can be downloaded from http://www.futurenets.co.uk "Free Downloads" or eSignal's file share http://forum.esignal.com/
            Paul Williams
            Strategy & Applications
            www.futurenets.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Again

Paul,

The composite feature works great - and your quick turnaround is super.

Thanks again
              Duster

Comment

note that the offset can be used on both day and composite (multi-day) profiles.
                Paul Williams
                Strategy & Applications
                www.futurenets.co.uk

Comment

Free Market Profile

MarketProfile_v1.24.efs now available.

a free copy of MarketProfile for eSignal can be downloaded from http://www.futurenets.co.uk "Free Downloads".
                  Paul Williams
                  Strategy & Applications
                  www.futurenets.co.uk

Comment

Futurenets

I 'm sorry but this is not a MP.

Where TPO? where Value Line? wehre POC and modale point?

And overlay ( composite) is fully available on the ESIGNAL MP.
                    Please remeber that the MP in Esig has been Developed by Steven Hawkins and therefore by transitive propriety by its inventor, Steydlmayer .

Yes thanks for providing ESIG community for free a curve distribution with the capacity of identify in some way visually if is Lepto,meso or Platicurtic , with tails ( unbalance excesses) and fair value. But honestly without automatic indications of the asimmetry .....I would call your valuable study in a slightly different way.

But not Market Profile.

Sorry but I need to say this, even if the whole bunch is free and I'm sure people will thank you.

cordially

PS: Not to be boring but the day pattern is precisely:
                    Non Trend day
                    Normal Day
                    Normal Variation Day
                    Trend Day
                    Neutral Day and Running Profile Neutral day
                    Last edited by fabrizio; 03-25-2004, 08:18 AM.
                    Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Thank you for your comments fabrizio albeit the first negative one I've had. The development is ongoing but however if you feel I'm treading on toes I could change the name to something else.

This would exclude it from eSignal user searches but certainly I'm happy to do this if required.
                      Paul Williams
                      Strategy & Applications
                      www.futurenets.co.uk

Comment

Thank you Futurenets for you kind and generous contributions to our community! (no matter what the title...)

Christine

Comment

thank you Christine, before your message I was starting to feel quite depressed.
                          Paul Williams
                          Strategy & Applications
                          www.futurenets.co.uk

Comment

HI PAUL (FUTURENET), I AM USING YOUR MARKET PROFILE FOR MORE THAN ONE MONTH AND I LIKED IT VERY MUCH. I AM TAKING GOOD PROFITS WITH IT. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
                            GOOD LUCK FOR YOU.

Comment

Futerenets

Please do not take it wrong.
                              I am aware that your job is valuable. I do not care at all the way you call it.

You perfectly understand and know what I mean and you perfectly know what is a MP.

But put it in this way : would you call Histogram an line graph?
                              Both represent the same reality. Both are usefull.
                              But they are not the same thing.

If someone else - quite ignorant - wants to say otherwise is free.
                              Just has to open up a book, study, understand the basics of the economics and of the TA and then speak. Freely.

This copmmunity is FREE . Anyone is entitled to say that 1+1=3. But -if is not a quantist scientist able to show froim a quantist perspective taht is true - should not blame others if is defined ignorant.

IGNORANT: FROM IGNORE, I DO NOT KNOW, I AM NOT AWARE. It is not an insult .

It's a matter of fact.
                              Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

again thank you for your comments.
                                Paul Williams
                                Strategy & Applications
                                www.futurenets.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X