Putting Avg Daily Volume On A Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting Avg Daily Volume On A Chart

Qcharts has some great features I would like to see in Esignal. Most importantly for a momentum trader, IMO, is the ability to see quickly a lot of information ON the chart itself.

Does anyone know of any EFS code that puts the AVG daily volume on the chart itself as a study, and maybe compare it to the current day's intraday volume total, or something like this? For example, I pull up the chart and I want to see the volume the stock has done thus far in total and then see the average daily volume for that stock -- mind you, on an INTRADAY chart. I know you can have a daily chart up to give you this information, but it would be helpful to get this info on an intraday chart at a glance - especially when screen real estate is so tight. For that matter, it SHOULD be an otion on the snapshot view, but it is NOT.

Any help or advice regarding this would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance for reading and for your time.

-- Gene

Hi,

I suspect we do have an EFS for average volume so while we look into that ( or until other users chime in with suggestions ), I thought I'd toss out one idea that you might find interesting.

The screenshot below is of a detail window that has had most fields deleted and 10 day and 20 day avg volumes added. You can then make this detail window a pop-out and keep it "on-top" and use symbol linking so it's in sync with your charts. Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Comment

Gene
      The attached efs will plot a user defined average Volume (default is 10 days and excludes the current day).
      It runs only on intraday charts and requires getPrevOHLC.efs in the OHLC folder of Formulas. If you do not have it you can find a copy of it here
      Hope this helps
      Alex

Attached Files

Comment

Thank you both...

Alexis and Scott:

Thank you for your prompt response. Its people like both of you that really make the difference with Esignal... a real community of people helping one another.

That said, Scott, Okam's Razor... Your solution was something I had not even thought of. While I may complain about the features that Esignal could improve upon, the ability to float unlimited windows happens to be one of its greatest strengths.

I applied the detail window, and didnt even realize how tightly you can float the internal data fields (I crammed them together) and, wow, that was EXACTLY what I needed. Im surprised I was so ignorant not to experiment more with Esignal...

Thanks a ton to both of you.

All the best,

-- Gene

Comment

Thanks for the follow-up Gene. I'm delighted that solution worked for you.

Take care.

Comment

Working...
          X