No announcement yet.

I am getting no sound on alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to fix this , what sounds like the same problem one of my peoples had. If I am right is is the sound card settings or the sound card. This problem can be a big pain! It took me a day of trouble shooting. SC1317, what type of soundcard or sound device are you using?

Soundblaster card seems to have these issues!

Fibbgann
    Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Boy oh Boy!!! Thanks for all the responses, but I did find one thing that is interesting..I downloaded eSignal to my wife's puter, H/P running with ME and the darn thing did exactly as it was suspposed to!!!!! It worked!!!

Now I do know the issue lies with my puter..

I am running XP Pro..the sound card is a Creative SB Live! Series (WDM).. Standard with Dell..

Sound is working in everything else I use, I am on a live voice chatroom all day long or I'll even run some music, maybe nothing at all..

One thing I did not do is to totally remove eSignal, ie adv charts, quote windows, layouts, etc..All I have done is remove and reinstall eSignal and no components, which also maybe a problem..

Thanks to everyone's help in this matter and if anyone can figure anything else out, please post it..For now it is a complete uninstall and start all over..

Comment

Try that complete uninstall/reinstall, if that does'nt work, I think I can get you back running. That sound card with a Dell is the same one I had to fix. There is a hard setting fucntion to find that fixes that problem, or one possible hardware fix that should take care of it.

Let us know, and good luck!

Fibbgann
        Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

First thing I have to say is THANKS to EVERYONE!!!

The "Complete" uninstall did it!!!

Now it is just a matter of getting everything the way I had it before..

That was more work than trading!!

Again many thanks to everyone..

Racer!!

Comment

Working...
          X