Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double candles showing up all over Aget!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double candles showing up all over Aget!

Hi there!

On Monday I noticed that for the monthly charts, all stocks had 2 candles for October 04, one dated 29 Oct 04 and second one dated 31 Oct 04, very confusing when one is doing analysis.

Now today I'm noticing that for some stocks it appears there's an absolutely identical candle for Tuesday & Wednesday on the daily chart? I've checked out other chart sources and they don't show the same thing! So far the daily charts with identical looking candles are coming up for:
    IBM
    PFE
    The candles are labelled Nov 03 !!!

This is of course causing havoc on my analysis. I hope someone will get back to me with an answer asap.

I'm majorly concerned as these are mistakes I'm picking up - what am I missing which is affecting my trading?

Chris Bowers

Hi Chris,

We are still working on the Monthly bar issue. I was going through some of the symbols you pointed out and wasn't able to replicate the duplicate bar you were seeing. We are going to test this after tonights download to see if we can duplicate it another way. In the interim, here are the charts I am seeing of IBM and PFE. Just so we can duplicate the steps as closely as possible, did this begin occurring after the download of last night’s data? Please let me know.

PFE

IBM

Comment

Thanks Duane for your kind attention to my crisis.

OK I always download data before I technically analysis a bunch of stocks that I have different strategies on.

I just downloaded data from Nov 3 and now IBM looks normal HOWEVER PFE has a double candle (has a second candle dated 4 Nov).

I will proceed with my analysis and see if I see it happening with any other stock.

It's never happened before this week. I've been using AGet since May this year.

Again thanks

Comment

Hi Chris,

I wanted to follow up with you regarding the identical monthly bars that you reported last week. In cases where the month ends on a weekend, as was the case in October, Advanced Get will duplicate the monthly bar. In cases where the month ends intraweek, the bug is non-existent. We are working through these issues looking for where efficiencies can made and in turn resolve this issue.

Comment

Thanks for working out this bug Duane. Am impressed with your service and your feedback - most appreciated.

I've just updated data and PFE is showing an extra duplicate candle for 5 Nov. I didn't notice this irregularity on any other stock in my analysis yesterday.

However on completing my analysis for today, I noticed an extra candle (dated 5 Nov) for the following:

QQQ
          TXN
          GE

I'm most concerned about GE - it indicates an Elliott Wave 3, is this correct? Or is the duplicated candle causing it to be an Elliott Wave 3? Thanks!
          Last edited by bbchris; 11-04-2004, 06:39 PM.

Comment

I'm unsure if you are referring to a Daily or Monthly, so I'll post both charts from eSignal. Since this bug doesn't exist in eSignal, you can see how it compares to GET.

Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Thanks Jay, I'm getting these from the DAILY charts (PFE, QQQ, TXN and GE) It's annoying.

Yes that GE chart, I have an extra candle compared to your esignal chart.

Thanks again

Comment

I'm using version 7.8 (have been for awhile) PFE seems fine now.

QQQ and TXN are showing daily candles for 9 November 2004 although those days haven't been traded yet....

It's time consuming to double check the charts. Does this type of thing happen often in Advanced Get?

Comment

What time zone is your system set to? We have tested both Pacific and Hong Kong time zones and could not duplicate the issue on PFE, QQQ, TXN, MSFT, CSCO, DELL to name a few, nor do we see double bars on 60 min, Daily or Weekly charts.
                  Regards,
                  Jay F.
                  Product Manager

Comment

Well my computer is set to HK time as I live and work in HK.

TXN, QQQ, PFE are all showing a duplicate candle for the daily charts dated 10 November 2004.

This wasn't happening until I first posted this thread. We've been using AGet since April/May this year and upgraded to the 7.8 awhile back.

I downloaded a screencapture program so you can see what I see, here's the URL to the daily charts for TXN, QQQ and PFE.
                    http://acven.com/PFEdaily.gif
                    http://acven.com/QQQdaily.gif
                    http://acven.com/TXNdaily.gif

Hope that helps towards solving the problem! THANK YOU!

Chris B

Comment

We can't seem to duplicate this on any of our systems here. We tried using the same version, setting to the same time zone, and using the same symbols, and we are not showing any double bars. At this point, we suggest doing a complete uninstall, and then reinstall a fresh copy of Advanced GET 7.8 and eSignal Wizard. We recommend that we send you a new eSignal Wizard installation CD. Could you PM me your CID (Customer ID) or eSignal Wizard user name?
                      Regards,
                      Jay F.
                      Product Manager

Comment

Working...
                      X