AGET CPU Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giddy Up

you now have the good equipment and one would hope that you have the 1024mhz bus along with the DDR2 memory, even without you should be speeding up by several hundred percent.

So whats the problem, it can only be the process for creating the ramdrive, copying data to the ramdrive and then the configuration of the software ie you will need to point GET to the ramdrive for its data and deselect the referece to the local drive.

This should speed up GET, if not you are still referencing the hard drive somewhere so review you setup and process's.

Comment

Re: Giddy Up

Originally posted by Ainsley
      you now have the good equipment and one would hope that you have the 1024mhz bus along with the DDR2 memory, even without you should be speeding up by several hundred percent.

So whats the problem, it can only be the process for creating the ramdrive, copying data to the ramdrive and then the configuration of the software ie you will need to point GET to the ramdrive for its data and deselect the referece to the local drive.

This should speed up GET, if not you are still referencing the hard drive somewhere so review you setup and process's.
      Here's what I got.

PROCESSOR: Pentium 4 540 3.2GHz; 800Mhz FSB; 1MB Cache; Intel 915G Chipset
      MEMORY: 512MB DDR Synch DRAM PC3200 (400-MHz), 4 DIMM Slots
      STORAGE: 40GB 7200 rpm Ultra SATA Hard Drive
      GRAPHICS: Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 graphics

What's the bus - FSB?

The memory was upgraded to 1.5 Gig. So I could build the RAMDisk. AGET is pointing to the RAMdisk and every other data path was disengaged. We set it up the same as you mentioned.

Even with all this it didn't speed it up much at all. I got the search time down to 5 minutes because I found the optionable stock list I was after which was only 2500 in size.

I read today from someone else that Metastock data is much slower than esignal data. I used to use esignal data about a year ago. I remember it was much faster than this. I think I'll end up buying esignal data to make this thing much faster :-(

Cheers,
      Mike D.

Comment

Mike,

I've only ever scanned the S&P500 stocks using GET, but, yes it's much faster to scan plain ASCII data as opposed to Metastock. I'm pretty sure the Metastock data is compressed (meaning it's been squeezed up to use less room on disk). Consequently, the overhead of un-compressing it adds to the scan time.

Try changing your TEMP folder location to the RAM-Disk as well to see if there's a difference. I don't know how your memory's being allocated, but I hope that Windows isn't needing to swap to hard disk because all your memory's tied up with your RAM-Disk :-)

Regards,
        Amundo

Comment

Working...
        X