No announcement yet.

MOB question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The program is called Advanced G.E.T. for a reason. To get true price and time relationships you may need both Gann and Elliott wave Theory involved. One is easy to explain, the other remains the mystery.
    Marc

Comment

Actually Marc, its not a mystery, but a precise mathematical formula where Tom Jospeh and possibly others, knows EXACTLY why a time and price relationship forecast changes. This formula is proprietary and one must respect that and his work.

Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianMBL
        Actually Marc, its not a mystery, but a precise mathematical formula where Tom Jospeh and possibly others, knows EXACTLY why a time and price relationship forecast changes. This formula is proprietary and one must respect that and his work.

Adrian
        Adrian,

You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. FWIW, Marc is one of those "others" you refer to, and a extremely knowledgable one at that.

Comment

MOB question

Adrian,

I took a look at the charts you had and there are some subtle differences in the structure between the Cash market and the Futures these account for the slightly different MOBs. As to when a MOB projection would be larger or smaller in time and price we can't give you any guidance there without giving away the proprietary nature of the indicator.

Good Trading
          Craig

Comment

Hi Craig,

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. I'm disappointed of course you aren't able to provide at least some guidelines, but I can see you understand what I was referring to. I have opened the charts in GET and compared them, and while there may be differences in the 2 charts, they are minor and subtle indeed. Thats why I was so surprised to see 2 out of 3 different MOB forecasts, where the 2 different ones radically changed their forecast from a small to large, and large to small projection. I'm sure you would agree this inconsistency should be looked at in your proprietary formula. Especially when neither of those 2 projections were accurate.

Are you able to say if the formula used to calculate the MOB based on prior swings momentum, acceleration and ratio models are complex or relatively simple? I think the MOB is a great tool, but as a trader I like to understand more about the tools I use rather than just trust them blindly without some core understanding of how they are derived. I'm sure you can appreciate this.

Regards,
            Adrian

Comment

MOB

Adrian,

The caculation is not very simple to answer that question. As to the MOBs not being accurate, you have to keep in mind that the MOB is a projection tool and that is all. It does not have anything to say about the market direction,overall trend at the time or the momentum at that point. All those factors play into wether a particular MOB will be met or not. As a trader myself I don't blindly trust any indactor either that is why I have a plan to deal with market vageries that my indicators may not allude to. This is the reason that GET has more than one strategy to it and why we teach money mangement to go with the tools.

Good Trading
              Craig

Comment

Working...
              X